Select to view content in your preferred language

Print widget error - fails to print

06-12-2024 08:50 AM
Labels (1)
MollyMoore
Occasional Contributor

I am using ExB with Enterprise 11.1. I set up the print widget, but printing fails every time. In the print result box, I get a red X that just says "Error" if I hover over. Can anyone point me in the right direction to figuring out what's going on? I tried turning off all the layers, specific layers, different options for the layouts, etc.

MollyMoore_0-1718207400440.png

Edit: Some updates after additional testing... I tried using the same data and adding the print widget in WAB and got an error that roughly said: convert WebMapToArcgisProject() takes 1 to 4 positional arguments but 5 were given. I tried the print widget in AGOL ExB and it appeared to work okay. Seems like this may be an issue with Enterprise. Anyone have any other suggestions for how to resolve this?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Did you have the print widget working previously in Webapp Builder?

0 Kudos
MollyMoore
Occasional Contributor

I did not. This is a new application.

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Are you trying to use ESRI's print service or a custom print service?

0 Kudos
MollyMoore
Occasional Contributor

I am using ESRI's print service - their out of the box print widget in ExB.

0 Kudos
Dan_Brumm
Occasional Contributor II

When I run into print issues like that. My usual suspects are as follows:

1. A basemap or service it doesn't like.  Swap basemap and layers

2. Clear out the print jobs folder in Server. Sometimes clearing it out fixes my issues.

3. Try swapping out print services

4. Check Dev Tools for any specific error messages that point at proxy issues.

Daniel Brumm
GIS Nerd
0 Kudos
SteveCole
Frequent Contributor

I don't know if this is your issue but it's something to look at and eliminate as an option..

Open up the Web Developer tools in your browser and switch it to the Network activity tab. Attempt to print and then examine what the response for the request is. That could help you narrow down if it's a specific layer in your map that's creating the issue. This was a problem for me in a Portal EB app I had (thread about it is here) and eventually we discovered that the group managed service account was not enabled in the Manage->Privileges within SDE for some layers. Once we corrected this, EB print would work as expected.

Steve

0 Kudos
MollyMoore
Occasional Contributor

Some updates after additional testing... I tried using the same data and adding the print widget in WAB and got an error that roughly said: convert WebMapToArcgisProject() takes 1 to 4 positional arguments but 5 were given. I tried the print widget in AGOL ExB and it appeared to work okay. Seems like this may be an issue with Enterprise. Anyone have any other suggestions for how to resolve this?

0 Kudos