Print service does not work in EB print widget but does in all other apps, why?

12-29-2022 10:17 AM
SamSimpson
New Contributor III

Hello,

I'm having trouble get the print widget to work with EB. A custom layout service was created and published to our 10.8.1 enterprise - this document was used as my guide: https://enterprise.arcgis.com/en/server/10.8/create-web-apps/windows/tutorial-publish-additional-lay... 

I can successfully add it into the printing utility service in AGOL and use the layout in the print widget within web appbuilder and in the print tab of web maps. When I add the same service URL into EB, the layout is not offered and neither are any test layouts. 

SamSimpson_0-1672337284361.png

From my understanding, I should see all layout options in that bottom right of the image above.

Here is a look at what I see in the print utility service section of AGOL (and which I expected to see reflected in the image from EB above): 

SamSimpson_1-1672337422180.png

I'm not sure if this is related but the URL I've generated does not have the ending "%20Task", it ends with "/Export%20Web%20Map" - does this matter?

The layout was published from ArcPro as synchronous.

I did get an error message during the Analyze portion of sharing the layout as a web tool that said, "00256 Server version 10.8.1 tool ExportWebMap_server parameter Format has changes to its datatype changed". 

Grateful for any help!
Sam

8 Replies
JosephCarl2
New Contributor III

Bumping this, same issue here, hopefully they see these, there are several threads on this so it should be on their radar.

TomThompson2
New Contributor II

Our URL works in web app builder but not in experience builder.  Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
SamSimpson
New Contributor III

@JosephCarl2 and @TomThompson2 
I hate to provide this as my response but I went the "start from scratch" route, After going through all the steps again (and I believe creating a new EB) I was able to use the print service.

Ultimately, I believe there is still an issue with EB and the print widget/service.

0 Kudos
ShengdiZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

I am able to reproduce this issue when the URL didn't have a 'task' at the end. Thank you for bringing this to our attention, and we are currently investigating it.

Shengdi

Jared_Yost
New Contributor

What  allows the service to have the 'task' at the end?  I also have a print service that works great in WAB but   EB wont even add it.

0 Kudos
ShengdiZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

The 'task' issue should be fixed now. If you have other print services that don't work in the Experience Builder, you can send me the service link via Direct Message, or report a bug using ESRI Technical Support.

Thanks,

Shengdi

0 Kudos
BarryKeight
New Contributor III

Hi Shengdi, I am in the process of creating an experience and seeing this same issue as mentioned in the initial problem. The print service works in AGOL but not Portal. As this has been resolved by ESRI, is there something that we need to update/change to see the fix. TIA

Barry

BarryKeight_0-1695306390237.png

0 Kudos
ArianaToth
New Contributor III

BarryKeight,

I had to open a support case for this issue and we found that when using the Share Web Tool geoprocessing tool it would not allow me to select both Export Web Map and Get Layout Templates Info from my History. It was only grabbing Export Web Map and I had to manually add Get Layout Templates Info to the tool before publishing. It looks like Esri has updated their documentation to include this step.

Once we republished the print service, the URL worked in Experience Builder.

--Ariana