Print option from Experience Builder

05-16-2021 06:46 PM
Labels (1)
AliCohen
New Contributor II

Hi

Just wondering if anyone has a solution for printing in Experience Builder, or know when a Print widget may be available?

I've done some fancy footwork with the Filter widget to give me a customised Search option, but I can't seem to find a way around printing.

I don't have access to the Developer Edition.

Thanks in advance!!

Alison

35 Replies
Kishore
Occasional Contributor

@RobertScheitlin__GISP Can we configure Proxy URL for the Print widget or for entire Experience builder to access secured layers directly at application?

Regards,
Kishore
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

@Kishore 

I have not gotten the esri Proxy to work with EB. Actually the esri Proxy page states

We don't recommend using this resource proxy. It is not being maintained and there's been no active development for many years. There are many better solutions.

So how do you get secure services to work in EB?... Sounds like a question for esri tech support. Almost all the questions about using a secure service has gone unanswered in the EB space here.

ESRI proxy resource page best practices does recommend this:

It sounds like it could be the right path.

0 Kudos
Kishore
Occasional Contributor

@RobertScheitlin__GISP 

Thank you for the detailed explanation. I have a different problem as we don't have access to ArcGIS Online and we use On premises environment. I am using the Print widget and all my services are secured from portal. If I run the print  from Dev environment it is working fine. After deploying the code to server. The print widget is not sending the token in request. My Print service also secured and published from ArcGIS Pro using python script. this is working fine with WAB even after the deployment. I did the proper deployment and registered the app and updated the client ID.

Regards,
Kishore
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

@Kishore 

AGOL is ArcGIS Enterprise behind the scenes. So the about link should still apply. But ultimately I do not have experience in your setup so tech support is the best route.

0 Kudos
Kishore
Occasional Contributor

@RobertScheitlin__GISP 

Thank you again. will reach technical support and let you know if I find a solution.

Regards,
Kishore
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

@cw_mund 

There are breaking changes as @Kishore mentioned in EB 1.6 the main one is the way modules are imported. You can make the changes that Kishore mentioned or wait and I will be releasing a 1.6 version of the Print widget hopefully Today.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Print Widget has now been updated for EB 1.6. This update requires you to have the EB 1.6 patch installed as detailed here: https://github.com/Esri/arcgis-experience-builder-sdk-resources/tree/master/patches/1.6/patch1/arcgi...

0 Kudos
HarryBell
New Contributor II

Hello, is there any update as to then the Printing Widget or printing tools will be made available in EB by default?  I am thinking the easiest way would be to add it as an option to choose on the Map panel along with Zoom, Navigation etc.  Many thanks, Harry

Ole_MariusGulbrandsen
New Contributor II

The printing widget is most needed for us to get the full potential out of EB.

Any updates about this ? 😊

0 Kudos
DataOfficer
Occasional Contributor III

Any updates from ESRI on when this will be available in EB?

0 Kudos