Select to view content in your preferred language

Popup content does not initially show in mobile layout.

Jump to solution
10-30-2023 12:57 PM
FranklinAlexander
Occasional Contributor III

Does any one know of a way for the Esri popup content to show initially on a mobile device? When clicking a feature in desktop layout, the popup displays and initially shows the content. If you want to hide the content, you must click the caret icon in the top right of the popup. In mobile layout, the content is hidden initially and the caret icon must be click to show the content. This is not optimal to me and I would like the content to show initially on a mobile device like it does on the desktop. 

Mobile Popup.png

You would think there would be a setting some place to allow for "expanding" the content panel on load, but I haven't been able to find one.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
FranklinAlexander

Yes, I am using EB Developer v1.14 and when in the small layouts, the popup opens with the collapseEnabled  property set to true. This appears to be the default behavior. I fixed the issue in my app by setting collapseEnabled to false in the jimu-argis/index.js file. Then I removed the popup collapse button from the header since I don't think it is necessary in the mobile popup. It doesn't make sense to me that this property is set to true in smaller layouts, since it confuses the user. Once you open the popup, it's not intuitive that you still need to click another button to see the content. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

@FranklinAlexander Does the same behavior still occur on your app? During the past 2 releases, there were a few issues resolved related to pop-ups, and it might be fixed too. Let me know if you encounter the same issue.

0 Kudos
FranklinAlexander

Yes, I am using EB Developer v1.14 and when in the small layouts, the popup opens with the collapseEnabled  property set to true. This appears to be the default behavior. I fixed the issue in my app by setting collapseEnabled to false in the jimu-argis/index.js file. Then I removed the popup collapse button from the header since I don't think it is necessary in the mobile popup. It doesn't make sense to me that this property is set to true in smaller layouts, since it confuses the user. Once you open the popup, it's not intuitive that you still need to click another button to see the content. 

0 Kudos