Open an experience made in Experience Builder online in Developer edition?

Jump to solution
12-13-2021 08:23 AM
SharitaU
New Contributor II

Hello all,

Is it possible to open and and edit an Experience that was made in Experience Builder Online in Experience Builder Developer? If so, can someone please explain?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DaveFullerton
Occasional Contributor III

My understanding from previous posts is that the best you can do is save the Experience as a template in your organization and then use that template in the Developer Edition.  The Dev Edition version is currently behind (not in sync with) the online version, so it seems that you would need to wait until the new Dev Edition comes out to do it.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
DaveFullerton
Occasional Contributor III

My understanding from previous posts is that the best you can do is save the Experience as a template in your organization and then use that template in the Developer Edition.  The Dev Edition version is currently behind (not in sync with) the online version, so it seems that you would need to wait until the new Dev Edition comes out to do it.

SharitaU
New Contributor II

While this was not ideal it was a solution and I appreciate you.

0 Kudos
RosemarySpicker
New Contributor

I saved my experience as a template but when I open up Experience Builder in Developer the template doesn't show up. Is this due to the 2 versions not being synced or are there certain steps that are needed in order to see templates in Developer?

0 Kudos
SharitaU
New Contributor II
This happened to me too initially. I solved it by pressing create new and when I did that my template showed up as an option to use. Its not very intuitive considering there’s a use template button but this did solve my problem.
CourtneyMenikheim
Occasional Contributor

This would definitely be a helpful bit of functionality that I hope Esri adds in the future. 

Courtney Menikheim | Application Developer | @thecmenikheim
0 Kudos
MarceloRosensaft
New Contributor III

Hello!

Any way to do the opposite? I have an experience in the developer edition and needs to migrate it to the online.

Thank you in advance,

Marcelo

0 Kudos