Select to view content in your preferred language

Near Me widget breaks after saving

09-06-2023 06:00 AM
ruikaitang_brampton
New Contributor II

I'm running into a very strange problem where I can add a Near Me widget to my app in ExB and it works flawlessly in the live preview when I add and configure it. However, if I save my app and refresh the page, or publish the app and view the published item, the widget breaks and no longer works. This is particularly confusing because it was working correctly a week or two ago, and I don't think I made any configuration changes since then to cause this.

I tried troubleshooting by looking at my console in Chrome, but didn't really find many threads on fixing the errors that were logged (see attached screenshot). The first two service worker errors occur even when the widget is working correctly, so I assume those are not critical, while the last geometry exception error only occurs when the widget stops working so I think that is the root of my problems.

ruikaitang_brampton_1-1694005037122.png

I am running ExB Developer Edition, but am trying this with just the default unmodified Near Me widget rather than the one I modified the assets/code for to eliminate the possibility that my customization is the cause of this issue.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
AzizaParveen1
Esri Contributor

@ruikaitang_brampton we tried joining the two data sets you shared and couldn't reproduce the issue internally. We need to access your data (the joined layer and/or the web map that has the layer) to troubleshoot what is going on.

Unfortunately, I don't think you can log a bug with support right now because it is in beta but at the end of October it will be out of beta and you will be able to log a bug through support, I suggest that you reach out to esri support for this issue, they can securely access you data and can help you narrow down the issue. If the issue is with Near Me, they will send it to us.

Thanks so much,

Aziza

0 Kudos
ruikaitang_brampton
New Contributor II

Oh well, thanks for trying. I'll give try contacting ESRI support directly then.

0 Kudos