Select to view content in your preferred language

Multiple Experiences Corrupting

Wednesday
JasminePrater
Occasional Contributor II

We recently upgraded to ArcGIS Enterprise 11.1 and migrated from AGOL to Portal.  We rebuilt our Experience Builder apps as closely as possible to how our AGOL apps were configured.  Everything has been going fine for months, but on Friday, our Sewer Work Order app gave us the following error:

"Sorry, you do not have permissions to access this application."

Based on the Esri documentation, our app corrupted.  We have no indication of why, but we thought it a fluke.  However, our Water Work Order app corrupted this afternoon.  Crews were in the field and in office using the app without issue this morning.  Fortunately, my coworker still had the corrupted Water Work Order open and I had her try to Save As and create a copy of the app.  This worked and recreated the app without any issues.  If it were truly corrupted, I figured that wouldn't be possible.  

Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing our ExB apps to corrupt?  These are used daily by our Utilities crews to create and manage work orders for the City.  For now, we can each create a duplicate in hopes that a backup will save us from future corruptions, but the fact that it has happened twice is very concerning.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Laura
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

I've had an EXB corrupt before as well that was fairly new. Support gave no indication as to why and just told me to remake it. 

0 Kudos
JasminePrater

We expected Support would probably give us the same answer.  We were hoping someone from the Community might have some insight or suggestions, but I have a feeling it's one of those pesky mysteries of GIS.  

0 Kudos
Laura
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

I went into EXB and "copied" the application and did the same for the map. This made it easy to reconnect everything and that one worked. Who knows what is really behind all of it

0 Kudos
Shauna-RaeBrown

@JasminePrater, you may need to install a patch or patches to your portal/enterprise server.  Check out this link. https://support.esri.com/en-us/patches-updates .  I hope this helps.

0 Kudos
JasminePrater

I installed all patches for Enterprise last night.  Unfortunately, this happened before and after the patches were installed.

0 Kudos
WeiYing1
Esri Regular Contributor

@JasminePrater Thanks for your feedback! 

Anything changed in your sharing scope of the applications? Or the role change of your workers? 
Does re-sharing the applications solve the issue? 

Would you be able to submit a ticket through Esri Support? In that way they can help develop team to have a reproducible environment to take a further investigation. 

Thanks,
Wei 

0 Kudos