Select to view content in your preferred language

Map selections not showing on Table Widget, and vice versa

Jump to solution
08-14-2023 08:34 AM
JonathanMikesell
New Contributor II

I'm trying to make a map experience using a Web Map that I've made with a hosted Feature Layer that I created that will filter a table based on the selections made on the map, or filter the map based on selections made in the table or using the Filter Widget. However, when I select the features in my map they do not filter down in the table:

JonathanMikesell_1-1692026875172.png

As you can see, I have 82 selected features within the map, but the "Show Selection" button in the table is grayed out and unavailable to click.

The same issue happens when trying to use the Filter Widget:

JonathanMikesell_2-1692027047888.png

The filter works on the table, but not on the map.

I think that the issue is that my web map shows as not having any layers when viewing it in the "Add Data" tab:

JonathanMikesell_0-1692026367617.png

As such, this means that I am unable to select the layer within the map to use for the Table or Filter Widget, and cannot use it for Widget Actions.

Is there a way to fix this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonathanMikesell
New Contributor II

So I was doing this all in Data Analytics in an old version, but as soon as I swapped to AGO everything worked.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @JonathanMikesell 

This looks weird - if your map does not contain any usable layers, how are you configuring the Table/Filter to the same layer? Or does it mean Table/Filter and Map use different data sources?

JonathanMikesell
New Contributor II

My map contains a hosted feature layer, and I added in that same layer being the source for the Table and Filter with the Add Data function

JonathanMikesell_0-1692101388936.png

0 Kudos
JonathanMikesell
New Contributor II

So I was doing this all in Data Analytics in an old version, but as soon as I swapped to AGO everything worked.