Select to view content in your preferred language

Make a chronologic charts or use a widget to show chronologic information

01-18-2024 03:38 AM
JasonBOCQUET
Occasional Contributor II

Hi community,

I explain to you what I want to do :

I have data about societies; for each society there is many establishment associated. And, over time, some establishment move from their location to another location. A society is encoded in France by the SIREN number, and an establishment is coded by a SIRET number (SIREN + unique code).

When an establishment move to another place, the SIRET change to another one (the unique code part as changed, but not the SIREN part).

I want to allow my users to see the path traveled by an establishment. But I have no idea how I can do this. 

In term of data i have the opening date and closing date of each establishment (active establishment have not closing date ofc).

The idea is when a user click on a society, choice an establishment, click on one of the establishment and can be able to see the older SIRET number of this establishment, the information associated (adress for example), and eventually, seeing on a map where was the oldest establishments.

In my mind i think i can do it with charts maybe ? but i don't find the good parameters to do that and it seems to be impossible to create chronologic charts. So i think about the pop-up with arcade code maybe ?

I think about the chronologic widget but i can only set one date (the opening date) but not a second one to show off the point where the closing date is passed (the closing date).

Anyone have an idea to solve this question ?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
WeiYing1
Esri Contributor

Hi @JasonBOCQUET ,

Thanks a lot for your feedback! 
Unfortunately it is not currently supported to achieve the scenario you described. I believe you are looking for chart like the below one, right? 

WeiYing1_0-1706914478193.jpeg

We have no such chart type supported. But It is a good proposal, and I have logged an enhancement request to team investigation.

For now, what you can do is probably develop your custom chart widget to make a chronologic chart. 

Thanks,
Wei

JasonBOCQUET

Hi @WeiYing1 that's exactly what I want to do ! thank you for providing a feedback to the team investigation 🙂

JasonBOCQUET

Hi @WeiYing1 

IS there any news from the team investigation for this feature ? 

0 Kudos
WeiYing1
Esri Contributor

Hi @JasonBOCQUET ,

Thanks for checking. We have logged an issue for looking into this type of chart. 
However we cannot guarantee the plan unfortunately, as of other priority projects. I would suggest developing custom chart widget using third party library with ExB developer edition.

Thanks for understanding. 

0 Kudos
JasonBOCQUET

Hi @WeiYing1 ,

Nice to read that you have logged this feature.

However i have not the ability to create a chart like this with javascript. I have just to wait the moment where this feature was implemented.

0 Kudos