Select to view content in your preferred language

Launching Edit Widget from selected features in List Widget

06-26-2024 07:15 PM
Labels (1)
ChrisH2
Occasional Contributor

I have two List Widgets embedded in a sidebar consisting of a top list with features from a hosted polygon FS (WEED AREAS), and a bottom list with related records from a hosted table FS (WEED ACTIONS).

These lists are proving to be an extremely useful way to navigate through records and also respond well to settings in the Filter Widget and selections on the map

Capture.JPG 

We've also been using the Edit Widget for geometry and attribute edits to both the polygons and the related table records, and what I'd like to do is tie this in with the top list widget (Only one record is selectable in the list widget)

Logically, this would be via either:

1. a button in each row of the list that launches the edit widget, preloading the same feature, OR

2. Have the user manually open the edit widget, but for the widget to honor the record selection and pre-load with that record.

At the moment our config is a little circular as the list widget will highlight a record on the map, and when you open the edit widget you need to re-select a feature on the map. This is sometimes just a couple of clicks but is especially problematic when there are many overlapping polygons.  I can'; see any parameters in the edit widget that allows configuration for currently selected features, and couldn't see an obvious config in the list widgets

Hoping for some suggestions to tie these together

ArcGIS enterprise 11.2 with hosted feature layers

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

The default behavior of the Edit Widget is to make the selected feature the editable feature. So in your List Widget the Record Selection Changes > Framework >Select Data Records Action should make a click in your List the editable feature. If you are not seeing that, it's probably because your Edit Widget is in a Widget Controller. Widgets in a Widget Controller do not have their code activated until they have been opened. In Enterprise 11.2, I think you should have access to the option to toggle a Sidebar Widget as an action. Widgets in a closed Sidebar are still actively running their code, so you could move your Edit Widget to a closed Sidebar and have it pop open when your List is clicked to achieve a similar effect to what you are trying to do.

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas
0 Kudos