Is there a way to use the Map Widget sliding panels for feature content?

04-29-2020 08:12 AM
JohnMDye
Occasional Contributor III

I'm toying with the Map Viewer template but one of the things I don't like about it when in small-screen/phone layout is the 50/50 vertical split between the data and the map. Ideally, I'd like it to be all map and for map selections to trigger a slide-up panel containing feature info as laid out according to my needs.

The only way I've seen to use those sliding panels is via Map Widgets/Tools. Is there a way to have a map centric view with your featureInfo being populated into one of these sliding widget panels?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
DavidMartinez
Esri Regular Contributor

The Map Viewer template can be changed to reduce the fixed panel size and there you can adjust the template to have more map. It sounds like what you're asking for is the behavior of the popup included with the map. You click a point and the panel is docked at the bottom of the map. Is this correct?

Thanks,

David

0 Kudos
JohnMDye

Thanks for the response David. Whether or not that is what I want depends on whether or not I can customize the layout of that sliding “popup” panel.

basically, I want it to be as flexible as a page. Let me put whatever I want in there.

if that’s not possible today, what is possible in terms of customizing the popup? Just your

typical arcade and HTML? 

0 Kudos
DavidMartinez
Esri Regular Contributor

Hey John,

There is no out of the box solution that allows you to have a custom tools module that would take in a widget such as the feature info and trigger the sliding panel for the map widget.  As for the popup, we use the default one that comes from the JS API with the mapview.  You could create your own map widget and do some customization there with the popup if you need to modify the docking etc. Also, you can do some customization through ArcGIS Online as well. 

Cheers,

David

JohnMDye

I dont really want to customize the popup at all. I guess what I'd like as an enhancement at some point is to leverage the popup as a featureinfo widget with the level of layout flexibility that a page provides. Does that make sense?

0 Kudos
DavidMartinez
Esri Regular Contributor

Yeah, that makes sense. I will forward your feedback to my colleagues who work on this widget.

Cheers,

David 

0 Kudos