Is there a way to add a map that references secured services to Experience Builder?

10-27-2020 03:17 PM
James_Wadsworth
New Contributor III

I am attempting to create a web app that references an existing ArcGIS Online map containing layers from a secured service. This functionality works fine in Web AppBuilder, but for some reason whenever I try to select the map as a data source in Experience Builder I just get the "loading" icon looping for infinity, never throwing an error or selecting the data. Selecting other maps from my content without secured service references seems to work fine. 

Is this just a limitation of Experience Builder going forward, or are there any plans to enable this?

Image of "loading" icon that loops

0 Kudos
7 Replies
DanJiang
Esri Contributor

Hi James, 

We had an AGOL updates in December and I am wondering if the issue you mentioned is solved. If not, would you please provide more details such as which product platform you are using, online or enterprise or dev edition. And would you please  check the browser's console for us to see whether there's an error? 

Thanks, 

Dan

0 Kudos
James_Wadsworth
New Contributor III

Hi Dan,

I checked today and it appears that there is still an issue with using a secured service in Experience Builder. The app no longer hangs as it did initially, but instead it pops open a REST API login window prompting me for credentials. When I log in, it gives me the error message "Could not access any server machines. Please contact your server administrator." 

Any idea what might be causing this issue? It seems like a promising step in the right direction that it's asking for a login.

Thanks,

James

0 Kudos
James_Wadsworth
New Contributor III

Hi @DanJiang -- just wanted to check in and see if there were any updates on this? I realized I didn't tag you in my response back in February.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
DanJiang
Esri Contributor

Hi @James_Wadsworth ,

Sorry for the late reply. It should work if you can log in successfully. Would you mind providing more information to help us target the issue? Does the server machine support oauth2.0 certification?

James_Wadsworth
New Contributor III

Hi @DanJiang ,

No problem, thanks for getting back to me! I'm working with our team now on getting you some more information. It looks like the server I was trying to use does not support oauth2.0, but we're in the process of standing up our Enterprise deployment which will.

Once we've published a restricted service on that server, I'll test it out to see if that solves our problem and get back to you.

0 Kudos
DanJiang
Esri Contributor

Sounds good. Thank you, @James_Wadsworth 

0 Kudos
ArmstKP
Occasional Contributor III

Any updates on this, I am having issues bringing in our secured service into E.B....?

0 Kudos