Is it possible to use Experience Builder Button Widget to link to section of scrollable template?

Jump to solution
02-26-2021 10:04 AM
EmmaHatcher
Occasional Contributor

I have two primary components in a scrollable Experience Builder that provide first, a map based tour of locations, and second, more information and links below. I'm wanting to direct users attention to the information below the map via a Button widget within the sites list.

I tried to set the button link to a view within the app window initially, since the content below the map is a view. This did nothing. When I changed the settings to open in a new window, it simply re-opens the EB in a new window, with the same initial view from the top of the page.

Is there a way to get the Button widget to jump to a section of the scrollable template?

In other words (and pictures), I want users to be able to click the 'More Info' button from their selected site in the List widget...

EmmaHatcher_0-1614362245720.png

... and jump to the more info view below the map:

EmmaHatcher_1-1614362291377.png

Here are the current settings that aren't accomplishing what I'm needing:

EmmaHatcher_2-1614362512868.png

I have a sneaking suspicion that I'd have to turn the more info section into a separate page, but that really isn't the preferred route of action. It seems silly because opening a new page is a separate setting... so if the settings to link to a view and to a page work the same, why offer them separately as configurable options? Many thanks for any help!

-Emma

0 Kudos
15 Replies
kmsmikrud
Regular Contributor

Hi @TonghuiMing,

I'm trying to link a button on page 1 to a section view on a different page (scrolling) and if I understand correct this link even though I specified the view it links to the page top for the scrolling page instead of the section/view in the middle of the page. Is linking directly to the section/view mid-page not possible? I find it confusing if folks click the button, in this case to download data and then taken to the top of another page instead of the download section.

Hopefully I'm just missing a setting.

Thanks,

Kathy

IButtonLinktoSection.jpgSectionToLinkTo.jpg

wmboulder
New Contributor II

Hi @TonghuiMing,

I'm currently using Experience Builder and can't get this to work; I've linked to a block on another [scrolling] page and it automatically links to the top of the page instead. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Is it still available in Experience Builder?

Thank you!

Whitney 

0 Kudos
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

@wmboulder Currently we do not support the setting of linking to blocks on other pages. Could you elaborate more on how you configured that way?

wmboulder
New Contributor II

Thanks, @TonghuiMing!  I'm sorry, I'm not sure I fully understand which details you're requesting so please let me know if I've misunderstood.

Ultimately, what we're trying to do is mitigate an issue our users are having when using our Experience; right now, if someone tries to use the back button within our Experience, it doesn't work until you've clicked it a few times. Since that seems like something I can't fix on my own (but if you can, that'd be fantastic!), we're trying to add a button/link in the footer to the table of contents (TOC) that exists on the Experience's home page. Since the TOC (which itself is a Views Navigation widget connecting to a Section with cards - used the Snapshot scrolling template) is on the bottom half of the page, I've tried linking it to a block near the section or to one of the views within the TOC (see picture attached). However, that just brings the user back to the top of the home page instead of the section for the TOC. 

We've also considered trying to make a "next page" option for each page within our Experience (we have 13 pages total), but we're having troubles fitting it into the layout in a way that looks good. 

Any suggestions you have would be appreciated! Please let me know if you need any other information or clarity from me. 

Thank you!

Whitney

0 Kudos
RoseZhou2
Occasional Contributor

Hi @TonghuiMing - is the "link to block " feature available in Developer edition version 1.5?

Thanks

Rose

0 Kudos
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

@RoseZhou2 Yes, it should be included in dev edition 1.5.

0 Kudos