Select to view content in your preferred language

Is it possible to update the search result symbology and/or change the map highlight fill/outline in ?

08-06-2024 01:25 PM
AdamGebhart
Frequent Contributor

I am trying to change the search result symbology but don't see where it can be done in the interface, let alone in config.json.  At the least I would like to change the point symbology so it jumps out at the user.  Is there a way in the interface and I'm looking past it?  I'd also take changing the flash properties.  Robert Scheitlin provided steps on how to update the search symbology in WAB but I haven't been successful getting those same changes to work in EB.

Additionally, I'd like to make changes to the selection highlight to give it a thicker border/halo.  Can I do something in config.json for that?

AdamGebhart_0-1722975162937.png 

AdamGebhart_1-1722975651134.png

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Ke_Xu
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Hi AdamGebhart,

About updating the search result symbology, please try to use Record created message action. Then symbology could be changed.

Ke_Xu_0-1722993826095.png

Thanks,

Ke

0 Kudos
AdamGebhart
Frequent Contributor

@Ke_Xu 

Thanks for the tip.  I'm not seeing a target when I add the Records created trigger.  Do I need to set up another trigger or action elsewhere?  My search widget resides in a sidebar, along with a Feature Info widget that displays the feature's popup(s) that are either chosen in the Search or by clicking in the map. 

AdamGebhart_0-1723033323453.png

0 Kudos
Ke_Xu
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Hi AdamGebhart,

Layer source and Locator source should be selected at the same time.

Thanks,

Ke

0 Kudos
AdamGebhart
Frequent Contributor

@Ke_Xu 

From the New search source?  My searches are by layer source and I'm not seeing that coming up as an option for those. If I add a locator I see that come up.

I can go the locator route if needed but I prefer not to in this app because in the AGO map I have a popup configured for my address points that uses Intersects to retrieve values from a polygon feature class.  That can't be done with a locator, right?  I'm essentially trying to recreate some of the former WAB District Lookup widget functionality.

0 Kudos
Ke_Xu
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

I am sorry. Message action "Add to map" just for Locator result. It doesn't take effect on the result of layer source we added.

0 Kudos
AdamGebhart
Frequent Contributor

@Ke_Xu 

Do you know if it’s possible to create a custom popup for a locator (service) and/or have it use the Arcade Intersects function?  My current setup is to search my address points and use Intersects to pull values from a polygon feature class/service to complete the address point popup.  If I can't do that with a locator or geocode service there isn't any use in adding it to the search widget.  The layer source search works well for what I need, it's just the results symbology needs to be better for the end user.

0 Kudos
QunSun
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

ArcGIS JavaScript API doesn't support border for highlight options, see details here - https://developers.arcgis.com/javascript/latest/api-reference/esri-views-View.html#HighlightOptions

0 Kudos
AdamGebhart
Frequent Contributor

@QunSun 

Thank you.  Is there anything that can be added or modified to the config to make the borders/halo more prominent?  I see there is 'shadowColor' but that appears to be only for a 3D SceneView.

0 Kudos