Is it possible to select what layers appear in the print legend

Jump to solution
02-20-2023 10:00 AM
SchylerBBrown
New Contributor

Hi everyone,

I am using experience builder to develop a basic citizen forward map. This map displays information such as council districts, zoning, future land use, addresses, etc.

I also have included the "print" option for our city planners who may want maps of an area and its zoning.

Currently, all layers visible appear in the legend of the printed map. What I want is for the legend to include just relevant layers. 

Is there a way to configure the print legend?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ShengdiZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

You can disable the "Show in Map Legend" option for a layer in the Map Viewer. This will prevent the layer from being included in the map legend and printed legend, while still keeping it as one of the visible layers on the map.

ShengdiZhang_0-1702433373140.png

Regards,

Shengdi

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
WeiYing1
Esri Contributor

Hi @SchylerBBrown ,

Thanks for your feedback. But currently print widget does not support customize the legend to select layers. 
The legend will list the layers that are visible on the map. I think that is reasonable, because readers can match any symbology they see on the map with the legend. If you don't want users to see certain layers in the legend, you can turn them to invisible from Layer tool on map or Map layer widget, and then if user print the map, the hidden layers will not be list in legend. By the way, the Map layer widget can customize the layer visibility.  

0 Kudos
JonathanLee
New Contributor III

Hi @WeiYing1 , I actually see a need to select what layers to be included in the legend in the case of using layers for blending. For example, I'm "clipping" an area of one layer to others using the "Destination Out" and I don't want the layer being used as the cookie cutter to be included in the legend since it is not even shown in the map. Does that make sense?

0 Kudos
WeiYing1
Esri Contributor

@ShengdiZhang could you help with this issue? 

0 Kudos
ShengdiZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

You can disable the "Show in Map Legend" option for a layer in the Map Viewer. This will prevent the layer from being included in the map legend and printed legend, while still keeping it as one of the visible layers on the map.

ShengdiZhang_0-1702433373140.png

Regards,

Shengdi

0 Kudos
JonathanLee
New Contributor III

This worked perfectly! Thank you @ShengdiZhang!