Select to view content in your preferred language

invalid clientId with Survey widget

03-21-2020 04:15 AM
MatthiasDufour
New Contributor III

Hi

I am working on an Experience (built with developer edition) with a contact form created with the Survey widget.
With version Beta 2.0, the form worked correctly, but since the final version, the form no longer appears and indicates the message "invalid clientId".
I tried to create a new form, but the result is the same.
Thanks for your help.

26 Replies
DavidMartinez
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Matthias and TRD SYSTEMS‌,

I see where the problem is. I am going to get with my colleagues who are in charge of this widget. I will get back to you both before end of week with an update.

David

TRDSYSTEMS
New Contributor II

Greetings David,

Any word on this? I have an App awaiting your solution in order to go live this afternoon. Please advise

0 Kudos
DavidMartinez
Esri Regular Contributor

We are still looking into the issue. I should have more information next week. 

Thanks,

David 

0 Kudos
TRDSYSTEMS
New Contributor II

Greetings,  

You said similar earlier in the week. We were expecting a solution today being the "end of the week." In the interim, is there anything that can be done as I have already developed my survey form for publish consumption?

0 Kudos
DavidMartinez
Esri Regular Contributor

The other option is to use the survey widget from Online. 

Thanks

David

0 Kudos
TRDSYSTEMS
New Contributor II

Did you mean to embed that into Exb (developer version) project? Or did you mean that I would have to redo my entire application from scratch using ExB (arcgis online)? 

0 Kudos
DavidMartinez
Esri Regular Contributor

I was thinking you could embed assuming if it doesn't have any dependencies to a map widget that has connections to other custom widgets. The last option if you didn't have any custom development but had a connection to a map would be to use ArcGIS Online to build your experience.  Again, sorry for the miscommunication, when I said update, I meant update on the status of what we found. 

David

0 Kudos
TRDSYSTEMS
New Contributor II

Greetings David,

Another road block...I did the embed but I realize that the embed does take up the full are of the container (see attached). Am I missing something? How do I get the survey to fill the entire area of the column?Unable to use the full Embed area of the column

0 Kudos
DavidMartinez
Esri Regular Contributor

On the content panel for the embed widget under size, select height-->custom-->fit to container. This will absorb all of the column.

David

0 Kudos
TRDSYSTEMS
New Contributor II

Greetings David,

As usual, thanks for your quick reply. Unfortunately, this was one of the first things I tried to no avail. Let me be more specific: I have deployed my ExB app using ExB (for Developers). I came across an issue after deploying it to my Web Server where there is an "invalid ClientID" error (which restricts the survey from being shown). As a quick fix, I have attempted to remove the original survey and replace it with an embedding of the same survey. There seems to be a limitation there that doesn't allow resizing the embedded survey in ExB (Developers version). 

I shall look forward to the solution of the original issue (ie invalid clientID). Thanks again for your continued support.

0 Kudos