Select to view content in your preferred language

In Experience Builder, can you dock the map legend or default so it always is on?

Jump to solution
02-16-2023 11:02 AM
AndrewWallick
Occasional Contributor II

Can you have a map legend be on by default? Perhaps just with a setting, or perhaps by docking a legend pane?

In Web App Builder I believe there's a little eye you can click to have any widget on by default, is there anything analogous in Exp Builder?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You can have a legend as a separate widget in Experience Builder. This widget can be in or outside of the map frame, and visible by default.

To replicate the WAB style and make the legend able to be closed, use a Widget Controller, where you'll find that "open by default" setting you're looking for:

jcarlson_0-1676575909325.png

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS

View solution in original post

4 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You can have a legend as a separate widget in Experience Builder. This widget can be in or outside of the map frame, and visible by default.

To replicate the WAB style and make the legend able to be closed, use a Widget Controller, where you'll find that "open by default" setting you're looking for:

jcarlson_0-1676575909325.png

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
AndrewWallick

Thanks Josh! I've been messing around with both the separate Legend widget and the Widget Controller. With the Widget Controller, are you able to dock where the legend will appear?

0 Kudos
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

It defaults to showing up right next to the widget icon. To really control where a widget appears, I think you need to put it into a Window or something.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
AndrewWallick

Yeah that's what I'm experiencing as well, I think I'll go the window route. Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos