How To Set Button Background Color To Clear

Jump to solution
05-07-2020 10:19 AM
DaveFullerton
Occasional Contributor III

I start with a List Widget and set under the "Content" tab in the "States" section the background fill color to, for example, green.  Then I add a Button Widget to the List Widget.  For the button, under the "Content" tab in the "Advanced" section, I can successfully change the background fill color of the button from white to, for example, red.  Next, I try setting the background fill color of the button to clear, but the button just appears to be white.  It does not appear green like the List Widget it is in.  The background fill color under the "Style" tab is also set to clear by default, so is there somewhere else something needs to be set?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DavidMartinez
Esri Regular Contributor

Hey Dave,

In the button under advanced/background click fill-->more colors--> and slide the toggle all the way to the left so it is fully transparent and click ok.  Let me know if this is what you're looking for.

Cheers,

David 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
DavidMartinez
Esri Regular Contributor

Hey Dave,

In the button under advanced/background click fill-->more colors--> and slide the toggle all the way to the left so it is fully transparent and click ok.  Let me know if this is what you're looking for.

Cheers,

David 

DaveFullerton
Occasional Contributor III

Yes, that works.  I don't understand how it's different from the "Clear" setting at the bottom of the Fill dialog.  What is "Clear" supposed to mean?

0 Kudos
DavidMartinez
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks for the feedback. Every widget inherits its color scheme from the selected theme. If you select a different color you're basically overriding the theme. The clear option basically resets to the theme. I can see where this can be confusing. I will log an issue and will look at how we can improve this. 

David