How to filter polygons in the map

Jump to solution
04-27-2022 09:26 PM
elpinguino
Occasional Contributor III

Hi ExB Community,

This might be a bit of a silly question, but how do I filter polygons from one layer in the map based off of an attribute in a field?

I want to filter polygons by OperationName in my Status layer in my ExB map. I thought the Filter widget or Query widget would do this.

When I use filter widget, it seems to filter the table, not the map. I assume the filter is a non-spatial widget? 

I've also tried the Query widget. There are a lot of options in there and when I tinker with them or the actions/triggers, none of them take me to where I want to go.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Should be an easy win for someone.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MarcoPoetsch
Occasional Contributor II

Hi @elpinguino,

the filter widget should also work for the map. Just make sure you selected the right data source.

However, my experience is that filtering in an experience builder app can be very laggy. You might have to wait for while (even a minute or so) to see an effect on the map. That depends, of course, on the number of features/polygons.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MarcoPoetsch
Occasional Contributor II

Hi @elpinguino,

the filter widget should also work for the map. Just make sure you selected the right data source.

However, my experience is that filtering in an experience builder app can be very laggy. You might have to wait for while (even a minute or so) to see an effect on the map. That depends, of course, on the number of features/polygons.

0 Kudos
elpinguino
Occasional Contributor III

Wow. Thanks @MarcoPoetsch . Yeah not sure what happened there. It wasn't filtering at all (spatially). I created an ExB from scratch (without other widgets to compete with for run time?), and it filtered. Thanks again.