How do I create a summary (group by) table?

01-23-2023 02:14 PM
Labels (1)
ChipMorgan65
Occasional Contributor

I'm in the process of migrating an ArcGIS Dashboard over to ExB. I need to display a summary table. Specifically, I need to dynamically summarize the list of species across thousands of plant observations. 

In Dashboard, I'd add a table widget with a table type of Grouped, then specify my species attribute as the Group By field.

I'm not seeing a way to do this in ExB. I hope that I'm just missing something. 

4 Replies
AndreasHall
Esri Contributor

I am not aware that you can do that in Experience Builder. May I ask why you are migrating from Dashboards to Experience Builder in the first place?

0 Kudos
ChipMorgan65
Occasional Contributor

Thanks very much for your feedback. 

I recently demoed the Dashboard to an ESRI employee and indicated that I was planning on developing some content outside of Dashboard (actually completely outside of the ArcGIS product line) due to limitations in the Dashboard product. The employee strongly suggested that I instead consider moving the Dashboard content to ExB so that I could incorporate the additional content directly into the ExB page. 

I had actually attempted this migration six months ago and stumbled across these same limitations I’m currently experiencing and so kept using Dashboard. 

AndreasHall
Esri Contributor

Have you considered embedding the Dashboard into an Experience Builder application alongside the other content you wish to incorporate? It depends on what kind of interaction you need between the dashboard content and other content in your app whether this would be of any use to you. 

ChipMorgan65
Occasional Contributor

I had not considered that, but it’s worth investigating. Thanks for the suggestion. 

0 Kudos