Select to view content in your preferred language

how can i change a custom icon within the Widget Controller?

Jump to solution
10-04-2023 01:05 PM
WilsonLee
Occasional Contributor

Hi all,

is there any way change a custom icon within the Widget Controller? i checked all of the settings in Experience Builder and don't see a place where i can change or upload a custom icon. please help.

thanks!!

W

WilsonLee_0-1696449823347.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

JeffreyThompson2_0-1696450249596.png

The icon in the settings panel is clickable. Clicking the plus icon allows you to upload a new icon. It is also possible to rename a widget by clicking its name next to the icon.

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas

View solution in original post

6 Replies
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

JeffreyThompson2_0-1696450249596.png

The icon in the settings panel is clickable. Clicking the plus icon allows you to upload a new icon. It is also possible to rename a widget by clicking its name next to the icon.

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas
WilsonLee
Occasional Contributor

oh man!!! i should click every single thing on the screen!

MILLION THANKS!!!!!! 🙏  🙏

ODWC_GIS
Occasional Contributor

Seconded!!  If I may ask, How did you discover that option? That it was an option, to be more precise.

0 Kudos
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

JeffreyThompson2_0-1704403489290.png

I think I just noticed the mouse reacting.
For many more tips like this, go to Experience Builder Tips and Tricks. 

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas
AdamGebhart
Occasional Contributor III

@JeffreyThompson2 

Do you know where the icons are stored in Developer?  I'm looking and for the life of me don't see any of them.

I posted a question about how to update the widget icon color in the EB interface or through the code and thus far neither seem to be an option.  At this point I'd be happy with making a copy of an existing icon, the filling in the lines with the color(s) I want in Paint.net.  See https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-experience-builder-questions/can-the-widget-icon-shapes-color-b...) .  I'm on EB Developer 1.15.

0 Kudos
AdamGebhart
Occasional Contributor III

Update (all of a couple minutes later)!

You can change the icon shape color like this...

1) Click the widget icon.

AdamGebhart_0-1723142024300.png

2) The icons windows opens.  Look in the bottom left and you will see the icon image.  In the lower right is a color picker.  Click the color picker.

AdamGebhart_1-1723142148549.png

3) I chose my current primary color.  The image in the lower left updates to reflect that color.

AdamGebhart_2-1723142212220.png

4) Close the window.  The widget icon color is now updated to match the background color of my Widget Controller.  Note that this color did not apply to the Map Layers, so that will need to be done separately.

AdamGebhart_3-1723142338096.png

0 Kudos