Horizontal Sidebar with 100% content height

Jump to solution
08-15-2019 12:12 AM
MatejVrtich
Esri Contributor

Hi,

how to setup layout properties for content in a Horizontal Sidebar to content fully occupy a height of the sidebar?

Thanks,

Matej

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DavidMartinez
Esri Regular Contributor

Hey Matej,

We are going to put this on our list of things to add.

David

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
DavidMartinez
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Matej,

You can have the sidebar fit to the container of your column. Also, remember your row has padding as well. Let us know if you have any other questions.

David 

0 Kudos
MatejVrtich
Esri Contributor

Hi David,

Thank you, but I need to accomplish something different.

I need my column to fit a height of the horizontal sidebar right content. As you can see on the screenshot, the column's style settings allow me to set only absolute height of the column in pixels. Am I missing something?

PS: the padding is just for testing...

Thanks,

Matej

0 Kudos
DavidMartinez
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Matej,

Can you add the column first and add style, then add the sidebar to absorb the full height of the column? Let me know if this meets your workflow. If it doesn't, can you please describe the design you're trying to accomplish? 

Thanks,

David 

0 Kudos
MatejVrtich
Esri Contributor

Hi David,

OK, let me try to explain my intention.

I need a single page app with a collapsible side panel and a full size map.

So I grabbed the Horizontal Panel widget as it has a collapsible side panel and a content panel.

The problem is, the UI settings in ExB does not allow me to set 100% height of any content inside the side panel or the content panel. Any widget you drop inside a left or right side of a Horizontal Panel is wrapped with a Row by default and the Row does not have any height settings (exb-horizontal-sidebar-row-style.png). You can only set a fixed height of a content inside the panels (exb-horizontal-sidebar-map-style.png), but it's not responsive.

You can see the sandbox app here: https://experience.arcgis.com/stemapp/79aad0f703774c0db9bae9cdb2e46b7a.

Thanks,

Matej

0 Kudos
DavidMartinez
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Matej,

Thanks for the explanation. I see what you're trying to accomplish. I will need to get back to you on this as I need to connect with one of our devs about this workflow. 

0 Kudos
DavidMartinez
Esri Regular Contributor

Hey Matej,

We are going to put this on our list of things to add.

David

0 Kudos
MatejVrtich
Esri Contributor

Thank you David, the same applies to Vertical Sidebar widget.

Regards,

Matej

0 Kudos