Hex Codes

07-06-2021 10:49 AM
lnweaver
New Contributor

I'm not sure if it is just my computer screen, but the color shade with the hex code does not look correct. I entered #00693e, which is the code for our organization's website, but the color on Experience Builder does not seem to match. Is there a way to fix this? See the pictures for comparison (1st is our website, 2nd is Experience Builder) 

lnweaver_0-1625593656469.png

lnweaver_1-1625593765350.png

0 Kudos
6 Replies
JonathanMcDougall
Occasional Contributor III

JonathanMcDougall_0-1625594096668.png

So, looks fine for me - left is EXP using your hex, right is hex colour code.

Don't think it's ExpB

@lnweaver 

0 Kudos
JonathanMcDougall

@lnweaver 

Oh wait, are you layering ? This will darken what you see.

DaveFullerton1
New Contributor II

I am assuming you are using a template here.  If so, which template are you using?  I had the same problem.  We had a very specific set of colors we need to use for our brand: https://map.opkansas.org/zoning-map

You may also need to consider how to tweak the color of widget buttons if you have a widget controller.

0 Kudos
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

When I look up that hex code, it matches the first picture. Entering the hex code in EB gives me the same result.

However, when I'm editing the header or footer, or have a splash page open, the color is darkened by a mask color. Are you seeing that darker color even in the published / previewed view?

Also, where exactly are you defining the color? On the page's Body Fill setting?

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
JonathanMcDougall

@DaveFullerton1 

your map is down

@jcarlson 

Yeah, hence my question about layering . I just put in the hex in my own creation, not taken from any existing template.

0 Kudos
DaveFullerton1
New Contributor II

@JonathanMcDougall I guess there was a glitch.  The map seems to be up now.  I didn't do anything to mitigate.

At any rate, I wondering if  @lnweaver  entered the hex value as the primary color in the Theme colors.  Is that what we are talking about?

DaveFullerton1_0-1625596575642.png

0 Kudos