Select to view content in your preferred language

GeoJSON exported from ExB Query widget

01-12-2024 11:40 AM
Labels (1)
SandraCHayden
New Contributor III

Hi

The attached DataRecords.geojson file was exported from the Query widget. Size is 69kb so it's pretty small.

I cannot publish it to ArcGIS Online. (New item, drag and drop, "Add DataRecords.geojson and create a hosted feature layer". All I get is:

AGOL new item.png

The file format looks reasonable to me. The attached is the plain text version for viewing.

Anybody know what's going on?

Sandra

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
SandraCHayden
New Contributor III

Ha! The Sample GeoJSON code here works!

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/arcgis-online/reference/geojson.htm

Esri, some help please?
@AlixVezina 

Sandra

0 Kudos
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @SandraCHayden , I can also see errors when I upload and publish your file, but I cannot tell why the error occurs. For this one, it may be worth contacting Esri Technical Support so they can take a look at your data and see if there may be something there that would be the source of the issue, and also see how they can recreate the issue so our developers can fix it.

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

My first thought was that there were too many records. But as you stated, that likely isn't the case.

I am also interested in the cause. We will need to transition to EB soon, and use this feature extensively.

JeffKruysBC
New Contributor II

Probably the same issue I identified in my recent post here.

The geojson file you posted also contains mystery coordinates instead of long/lat, same as mine. I have some geojson files that I exported from my EB site's query widget several months ago, and those files contain all coordinates in long/lat. But when I tested the same query/export function last week, my output geojson file contained these weird coordinates. There is no spatial reference specified in geojson, so the coordinates are supposed to be in the default long/lat 4326 spatial reference, from what I can tell. So I think this is a new bug that ESRI needs to work out in the export to geojson function.

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

How did you generate this GeoJSON?

I trimmed it down to a single entry to make it easier to work with, and found that removing the Shape__Area and Shape__Length properties also eliminated the error.

But, the coordinates didn't seem to work, so I substituted some random lat-lon to create a polygon and  the file uploaded successfully:

abureaux_0-1705096206509.png

Very much seems connected to the location data.

0 Kudos