General Feedback

Jump to solution
10-02-2019 05:35 PM
ZorbaConlen1
Occasional Contributor III

After exploring the beta version a bit, it seems to have a lot of potential. Here are a couple initial thoughts\questions:

1) Wondering if the concept of widgets will be part of this as it progresses. For instance in Web AppBuilder builder environment, there are a host of widgets, like legends, layer lists, basemap pickers, draw tool, etc... Not seeing anything like that in the beta. The list of widgets seems to be more generic building blocks (row, column, panel, list), which is cool, but I wouldn't  have a clue how to re-create a sophisticated widget, similar to what comes OOB with WAB.

2) I really like the flexibility to position interface elements and to create layouts for desktop and mobile. I do think this asks a lot more of end users, compared to WAB. With that, you could spin up a new app with a nice look and feel and lots of functionality in a matter of minutes. My impression of experience builder is that it seems more complicated and more of a learning curve to become productive with this tool.

Thanks

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DavidMartinez
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Zorba,

In our next beta release which is on target for mid-November, you will see more widgets added to the widgets panel and relative to the map such as basemap and layers. We are currently addressing your second comment regarding creating apps just as quickly as WAB. One of our goals is to allow users not only to have the flexibility to create that unique experience based on their requirements but also have the option to select templates that can be used to easily create apps quickly. We appreciate your feedback and please let us know what you think about our next beta release.

Cheers,

David 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
DavidMartinez
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Zorba,

In our next beta release which is on target for mid-November, you will see more widgets added to the widgets panel and relative to the map such as basemap and layers. We are currently addressing your second comment regarding creating apps just as quickly as WAB. One of our goals is to allow users not only to have the flexibility to create that unique experience based on their requirements but also have the option to select templates that can be used to easily create apps quickly. We appreciate your feedback and please let us know what you think about our next beta release.

Cheers,

David 

ZorbaConlen1
Occasional Contributor III

Ok, sounds like youguys are working on a lot of useful enhancements. Thanks for the reply.