Select to view content in your preferred language

Formatting fields/ data using the table widget in Experience Builder

02-29-2024 09:03 AM
DaveStewart1
New Contributor III

Good day all,

I'm new to Experience Builder and having some issues attempting to configure fields in a table (using the table widget). I know there are options to format using expressions (number formatting)  for a text box - connected to data. 

I would like to simply change the amount of decimal placeholders to 2. I would also like to know how to format/ change field names in the table as well.

I know you can do this kind of formatting with dashboards, but ideally I would like to do it straight within the table widget in EB.

I appreciate any assistance/ comments on the matter.

Thank you,

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jmaxwell_braun
New Contributor III

I believe that setting is controlled through the source layer or map used in Experience Builder, not in Experience Builder itself.

Open the source map in Map Viewer, click the Layers tab on the left side of the screen, click the layer you want to adjust, then click the Fields button on the right side of the screen. Select the field you want to adjust and change it. I attached a screenshot of the setting.

After making the adjustment you'll need to either save the map or save the changes directly to the layer (by clicking the 3 dots next to the layer on the right side of the screen and choosing "Save"). I generally prefer to save things like this to the layer instead of the map. That way you don't have to adjust it again if you reuse the layer in a different map.

0 Kudos
DaveStewart1
New Contributor III

Thank you for your response  jmaxwell_braun,

This is tabular data only (no mapping tie in/ component) - apologies I should have included that.

Regards,

0 Kudos