Select to view content in your preferred language

Feb 2024 URL Parameters - Why No Icon/Marker Option?

04-06-2024 10:59 AM
bdoventures
New Contributor III

Thank you, ESRI, for adding map-based URL parameters to Experience Builder.  In order for me to migrate over from one of my current WAB apps, I still need the option to add a marker/icon to the map center with URL parameters the way you allowed with WAB.  Is there a reason this wasn't included with the ExB map-based URL parameter rollout?   Not having it defeats the purpose of many use cases for center and scale parameters.  When someone uses those parameters, the goal is often to zoom in to a particular feature.  If there are multiple features clustered close together and no marker, it creates confusion.  When the map is moved around, it's hard to identify the original center or use functionality like measurement to see how far features are away from it.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Shen_Zhang
Esri Contributor

Hi @bdoventures, thank you for your feedback regarding the marker/icon URL parameter. We understand the importance of this functionality, please rest assured it's currently in our product plan, and we are actively working on its implementation.

Shen Zhang
MattiasEkström
Regular Contributor

@Shen_Zhang Can you tell us something about the timeline and when we can expect a marker URL parameter?

bdoventures
New Contributor III

Doesn't look like it was included with last night's updates.  I'm hoping that doesn't mean it will take another quarter + to implement.

0 Kudos
bdoventures
New Contributor III

For those who are interested in this functionality, here's the enhancement request #: ENH-000159772 .

0 Kudos