Select to view content in your preferred language

Feature Report widget won't allow Mobile Worker to generate report

Jump to solution
07-31-2024 01:48 PM
jdelprete
Occasional Contributor

I am trying to use the new Feature Report widget, but one of my users is reporting that she gets a message that says, "Generate Reports Failed: you can choose to upload result files to ArcGIS Online but you do not have the privilege of creating a new item."

I have confirmed with my organization's Admin that her role does allow to print feature reports, and she has been able to do so from the Survey123 website.

Something I have noticed is that the widget does not allow for the option to "skip and don't save this report" as the Survey123 website allows. Could this be the issue? 

I'm hoping there is a setting that I am missing. This widget is not going to be very useful for me unless user types lower that Creator level can utilize it.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @jdelprete ,

Thank you for the feedback. We confirmed this is a bug in the Feature report widget in Experience Builder and it should work in the same way as the Data page on the Survey123 website. The fix is planned in the next update of ArcGIS Online.

For the option "Skip and don't save this report", just to clarify,

• It means when the report file name conflicts with an existing item in your account, this option leads to drop the new report file and don't update the existing item in your account.
  • In ArcGIS Online, the result report will always save to user's account as an item (unless the user does not have "create content" privilege) since it costs credits; in ArcGIS Enterprise, the user can choose save the result report file or not in the account.

Is this option the expected behavior in your workflow?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @jdelprete ,

Thank you for the feedback. We confirmed this is a bug in the Feature report widget in Experience Builder and it should work in the same way as the Data page on the Survey123 website. The fix is planned in the next update of ArcGIS Online.

For the option "Skip and don't save this report", just to clarify,

• It means when the report file name conflicts with an existing item in your account, this option leads to drop the new report file and don't update the existing item in your account.
  • In ArcGIS Online, the result report will always save to user's account as an item (unless the user does not have "create content" privilege) since it costs credits; in ArcGIS Enterprise, the user can choose save the result report file or not in the account.

Is this option the expected behavior in your workflow?

0 Kudos
jdelprete
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for the reply.

Also thank you for the explanation of "Skip and don't save this report", that does make sense to me.

When is the next update of ArcGIS Online planned?

0 Kudos