Experience Builder Widgets Unresponsive on Smart Phones

09-01-2022 07:30 AM
DonnaMoreau
New Contributor III

Products being used: ArcGIS Online, Newest Map Viewer, Experience Builder; Billboard theme.

Goal: To use the newest products in creating an editable web application.

The purpose of the app was to have contractors change one field from True to False after they finished doing the necessary repairs on an asset.

This was my first time using the new Map Viewer and Experience Builder together.

First I created a feature service in ArcGIS Portal. Using the copy URL feature, I brought both the map and feature services into ArcGIS Online. Then I configured the map/labels/pop ups in Map Viewer. After the map was built, I selected Create app from the side window where the Layers, Basemap, Tables, etc. are. I chose Experience Builder and the Billboard theme. 

There are four widgets: Map Layers, Feature Info, Bookmarks and Edit. All of these widgets work fine when in the preview window. 

I published the app. When the link is open on an iPhone SE or an iPhone 11, I see the map, I can pan around and zoom in. However, when I try to tap on any one of the widgets, they are unresponsive.

Then I tried to republish the app with the Edit widget opening on start up. That does work and it allows me to edit. However, if I close the Edit widget to see more of the screen, I cannot reopen it. 

The app has not been tested on any other platforms so far.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
BethAnnWinebarger
New Contributor III

Yesterday I was testing an experience builder that uses a map from the new map viewer. On an iPhone 13, the 3 widgets (within a widget controller at the bottom of the screen) were unresponsive. A coworker using an older iPhone had no issue, our iPad did not have an issue, and on a computer there was no issue. 

I assumed it was my phone acting up, but it sounds similar enough that I figured I would comment in case its a larger issue. 

For me, I also lost the ability to pan and zoom after a minute or two of using the map on the iPhone 13. 

Beth Ann
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

@DonnaMoreau It looks like there are some issues with the Billboard theme when it's switched to a smaller screen size. We are looking into that.

You may want to try customizing the display of your widgets on smaller device sizes or using a different template for now.

Here are some videos on the topic:

0 Kudos
BethAnnWinebarger
New Contributor III

@AlixVezina For reference on this issue, I am using a blank fullscreen 'template' for my small device configuration and still experience an issue with widgets inside a widget controller. 

Beth Ann
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @BethAnnWinebarger , we'd need to look at how you have configured the mobile view for that application. Would you be able to share it with me in some way?

0 Kudos
BethAnnWinebarger
New Contributor III

@AlixVezina The view is public here: https://arcg.is/i9G5j

Or do you need to see it from the editing side of things?

Beth Ann
0 Kudos
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

@BethAnnWinebarger Thanks for the link.

Do you notice how there seems to be a space here and the map tools are shifted up in the Live View compared to in design mode?

AlixVezina_0-1662656988310.png

AlixVezina_1-1662657018324.png

This is an issue I've seen now and then, I'll see if there's a way this can get fixed for the future.

The only workaround I see so far is to either move the controller outside of the map and place it below it, or place it in the footer.

AlixVezina_2-1662657379157.png

LauraMajaStenbækFløytrup
New Contributor

Hi  @AlixVezina 

Thanks for providing this workaround. Is this a bug that is/should be reported? Or is it expected behavior? 

0 Kudos
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

It is a bug the team is aware of and they are working to fix it for the upcoming update. Thank you!

0 Kudos
BethAnnWinebarger
New Contributor III

Thanks!

Beth Ann
0 Kudos