Select to view content in your preferred language

Experience Builder Search Widget and Zoom not working

09-29-2023 10:24 AM
Labels (1)
ChristopherEarley
New Contributor II

My organisation has recently adopted Experience Builder. While we find it quite useful, we're encountering an issue with the 'Zoom to' functionality in the Search Widget.

Here's the problem: When I configure the search widget, I use the 'Data filtering changes' trigger to search for features based on a unique ID. It works perfectly when only one layer is involved. However, upon adding an additional layer, the zoom seems to pan to an unrelated location.

I believe the data isn't the issue here. I say this because when I tried replicating the process with Web App Builder, both the search widget and zoom functioned as expected.

I'd appreciate any insights or solutions. Thanks!

5 Replies
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

The unique ID filtering on the second layer presumably fails because that id is not present on the second layer. Experience Builder gets confused and takes you somewhere 'random' (probably your datum). Here are some options which may work for you:

1. Add the unique ID to the second layer, so the filtering does not fail.
  2. Remove the data filtering trigger.
  3. Add a second search bar to handle the different search function.
  4. Build a custom search widget.
GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas
0 Kudos
ShengdiZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @ChristopherEarley ,

Could you tell me which version of Experience Builder you are using? This bug should be fixed in an ArcGIS Online release earlier this year.

Regards,

Shengdi

0 Kudos
andreoudi
New Contributor III

Hi!

I have exactly the same problem as mentioned above. I am using experience builder on ArcGIS Online (version 1.13.0).

0 Kudos
Laura
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

I am also facing zoom, pan to & flash issues in AGOL. Simply not doing anything when clicking on a result.

I had a similar issue in Portal and when I called about that they just logged a bug.

KevinDeneault
New Contributor

Hi,

I am also experiencing the same problem using Experience Builder in AGOL. The web app template that I am using is Jewelry Box. I have tested it several times by typing in an address and nothing happens. Is ESRI looking into this problem? 

Thank you, 

Kevin