Select to view content in your preferred language

Experience Builder Search Functionality

06-04-2024 08:57 AM
Labels (1)
marksm_macomb
Frequent Contributor

I keep struggling with the Experience Builder search widget behaving wonky. I was able to set it up to search my feature layers and zoom to features, but I still don't understand how the text searching actually works. I do not have "exact match" enabled so the search should work as a "contains", correct? Here are some examples of that not working. 

Say I want to search my developments for "The Corners at Cherry Glen" (an existing development).

If I start searching "Corners", my result is in the suggested list as intended:

marksm_macomb_0-1717515403231.png

If I start searching "The", I don't get my intended result returned, or anything beginning with "The":

marksm_macomb_1-1717515452102.png

If I start searching "The Corners" - this is BEFORE I hit enter, nothing comes up:

marksm_macomb_2-1717515948906.png

AFTER I hit enter on "The Corners" even though it brought up no results prior to hitting enter, suddenly it shows up as suggested:

marksm_macomb_3-1717516033504.png

This makes it very confusing for the end user. I'm not sure if this is intended behavior, if it's a bug, or if there's some little setting I'm missing. I do have "Auto select the first result" enabled in the search result settings.

11 Replies
JenniferEyre
New Contributor

You were able to set up your Experience Builder search function to search your feature layers - can you tell me how you achieved it? I'm struggling with that at the moment.

0 Kudos
Laura
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/experience-builder/11.1/configure-widgets/search-widget.htm

New search source - layer source - select layer & configure