Experience Builder Query Widget Spatial Filter

05-12-2022 01:31 PM
AdejumoBidemi
New Contributor III

Working on an App with EB using the Query Widget (Spatial filter>Filter by> Selected features from data source>Add filter layer>Data Added) but it doesn't work. It selects more than the boundary but when I try the same in WebApp builder it returns the correct number. Also noticed that if I use the draw tool, it also gives the correct result.

Experience Builder Query ResultExperience Builder Query Result           WebApp Query ResultWebApp Query Result

Does anyone know how to solve this issue?

0 Kudos
14 Replies
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

@AdejumoBidemi Unfortunately I am not able to reproduce your issue. In my following test case, I chose to do a query on USA cities with filters based on USA states. Once Iowa was selected, the cities within this state has been queried successfully (34):

TonghuiMing_0-1653473773883.png

What was your selection method - point-click or map selection tools? Screenshots or a video demonstrating your workflow could be helpful to provide more details.

0 Kudos
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

Also, telling from your screenshot above - the one with 5846 records, was it possible that you run the Query before selecting any specific features? If you haven't selected anything, the entire layer will be used to get your results.

0 Kudos
AdejumoBidemi
New Contributor III

I had the selecting polygon (spatial filter) pre-defined but it does not use the it

0 Kudos
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

Please contact Esri Support so they will work with you on the issue identifications, detailed reproducible steps, or any screenshots/videos to demonstrate your workflow. Thanks.

0 Kudos
PhilLarkin1
Occasional Contributor III

Did you find a solution? I am experiencing the a similar issue.

0 Kudos
AdejumoBidemi
New Contributor III

No I did... I'd to use a different tool in Web AppBuilder

0 Kudos
PhilLarkin1
Occasional Contributor III

Same here. Really wanted to use EB but couldn't get the Query Widget to return consistent results.

TianWen
Esri Contributor

Is it possible to provide a sample app so we can investigate your case?

0 Kudos
LaraJuliussonUSFS
New Contributor II

Hi @TianWen,

I have the same issue. I cannot share my app, but I will post detailed screen shots. I am using the AGOL version of ExB.

1. I have a spatial query set up to query buildings within selected national forests. You can see my settings below.

LaraJuliussonUSFS_1-1672335369196.png

2. I have another query set up to select a national forest by name and then zoom and show it on my map.

LaraJuliussonUSFS_2-1672335683316.png

3. Here I've done that for Apalachicola NF. You can see my zoom to and show feature work, but the 1 selected NF is not reflected in the query set up for selecting the buildings using the spatial query. I've waited for ten minutes, and it is still not showing as selected. If I apply the spatial query, it selects all the buildings in my layer and not just in the selected NF. I've tried reset and apply again... no joy! I also tried setting up my spatial filter to use the Result output from the National Forest selection... no joy!

LaraJuliussonUSFS_4-1672336140974.png

4. If I use the "select by point" tool on the map, I can select the national forest, and every other layer, but the selection DOES show on the spatial query tool. What is going on? I want to be able to let the user select a NF by a query and then filter on that selection.

Thanks in advance!

Lara

LaraJuliussonUSFS_6-1672336744190.png

If you want to try and recreate, go to the USFS Hub and pull data for national forest boundaries and buildings.