Experience Builder on Portal

Jump to solution
05-24-2021 01:30 PM
AdamMiller4
New Contributor III

Hello,

I would like to use Experience Builder through our Portal as opposed to our ArcGIS Online organization.  It is not in our App Launcher list and I'm not sure how to access it.  I know we could install the Developer Edition and host it locally, but I was wondering if it is even possible to access the non-developer edition on Portal.  Our Portal is 10.8.1 and any steps to get this working would be appreciated.

Adam

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

ArcGIS Experience Builder was introduced at ArcGIS Enterprise 10.8.1.

I recommend you to upgrade ArcGIS Enterprise to 10.8.1, not only because of Experience Builder and Storymaps for ArcGIS Enterprise, but also 10.8.1 is a Long term support (LTS) release, and a stabler release as well.

Think Location

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Could you confirm your User Type and role in the organization? 

What all apps can you see in app launcher (screenshot)?

Please ensure again that the Portal for ArcGIS is at 10.8.1 (not 10.8).

*At 10.8, Business AnalystExcaliburGeoPlannerInsightsMission ManagerOperations DashboardQuickCaptureSites, and Workforce will appear in the app launcher for users who are licensed to access these apps. At 10.8.1, StoryMapsExperience Builder, and Workflow Manager will also appear in the app launcher for those assigned these apps.

Think Location
0 Kudos
AdamMiller4
New Contributor III

My mistake we are on 10.8 (not 10.8.1).  I am currently logged in with our organizatinons Admin credentials. User Type: Creator, Role: Administrator.  I've also attached a screenshot of the App Launcher.

AdamMiller4_1-1622118722201.png

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

ArcGIS Experience Builder was introduced at ArcGIS Enterprise 10.8.1.

I recommend you to upgrade ArcGIS Enterprise to 10.8.1, not only because of Experience Builder and Storymaps for ArcGIS Enterprise, but also 10.8.1 is a Long term support (LTS) release, and a stabler release as well.

Think Location
0 Kudos
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Go to https://<your-web-adaptor>/portal/apps/experiencebuilder . Does anything appear?

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
AdamMiller4
New Contributor III

I get a 404 error when I try this.

AdamMiller4_0-1622118412868.png

0 Kudos
KateDoughty1
New Contributor III

I'm getting the same error - any solutions?

0 Kudos