Experience Builder Not Supporting Enterprise Portal Layers SAML Authentication

04-15-2021 11:23 AM
Amanda__Huber
MVP Regular Contributor

Hello EB Team, 

It appears Experience builder is not supporting SAML IDP Authentication with ArcGIS Enterprise Portal layers. 
When accessing an Enterprise Portal Layer in EB, it prompts for a named user login instead:

Amanda__Huber_0-1618510828848.png

ArcGIS Online supports SAML IDP logins across the entire system, therefore this is a equivalency issue. 

Thank you, 
Amanda Huber

8 Replies
BrittanyBurson
Occasional Contributor III

Prior to last night's Sept 21, 2021 ArcGIS Online update, the SAML authentication with Portal had been working in Experience Builder. 

BrittanyBurson_0-1632327961330.png

As of this morning, it appears to have reverted to the previous behavior (as seen in this post)

BrittanyBurson_1-1632328003662.png

This has broken our app for the time being, as we are relying on collaboration data available in our Portal.

Is anyone else seeing this? Workaround? Bug? 

Thank you

WeiYing1
Esri Contributor

Hi @BrittanyBurson , sorry to hear that. However we cannot repro the case on our side. It looks good. 

2021-09-22_10-08-05.jpg
Could you provide more details? Like, which Browser you are using, is the data shared within org or as private. If possible, could you share a reproducible service on your portal to me? Please contact me at wying@esri.com so we can figure it out further.  Thanks you!

0 Kudos
BrittanyBurson

Thank you @WeiYing1 

I am seeing it in both Chrome & Firefox, cleared cache for both. This data is shared from our QA Portal as a collab to ArcGIS Online. It does prompt me as expected when I go to the item details page:

BrittanyBurson_3-1632340034777.png

To rule out the collaboration part as well as an issue with QA Portal, I added a Production Portal rest service which requires the same SAML authentication into a blank map, and into a blank Experience Builder -- same result:

BrittanyBurson_2-1632339958482.png

I will email you a test service URL to try. Thank you for your time!

0 Kudos
WeiYing1
Esri Contributor

Thanks! We will try to fix it asap

Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

@BrittanyBurson - the patch has been applied. Could you please help confirm if the problem goes away?

0 Kudos
BrittanyBurson

It is fixed! Thank you so much @Jianxia and team for all of your efforts.

MarkJTurnbull
New Contributor III

I have a similar situation, our customer has ArcGIS Enterprise 10.9.1 with SAML authentication. We have built ExB web apps using Experience Builder 1.8 Dev. Ed. and deployed them to a IIS web server. The webmap is shared with the organization. When we open the app we get presented with the following login screen to authenticate for the web map item.

MarkJTurnbull_0-1656906235840.png

Whilst we can log in with portal user accounts we can't log in with SAML. Is there something we need to do to configure the standalone web app to authenticate via OAuth2?

0 Kudos
Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

This can be achieved by registering the app in portal. See the step 3-6 in the topic below to evoke Oath sign in dialog. 

https://developers.arcgis.com/experience-builder/guide/deployment-topics/