Select to view content in your preferred language

Experience Builder Map geographic direction rotated symbols are shown as artimetic direction in print

11-16-2023 12:47 PM
Labels (2)
mattmerc
New Contributor II

Hello!

Pretty simple. I have some custom symbols in a Webmap that are rotated based on a direction attribute, which is in geographic degrees since it is populated from  geolocated photo compass direction tag. User edits the points and corrects the  direction and all is well in the map. The a surprise: When we make a print with the print widget, the symbols all appear to be rotated 90. Leads me to believe that somewhere between the map item and the print utility, the geographic vs arthimetic logic is being lost. Things look fine when we pull this into AGPro and run a map series. Goal was to try to avoid Pro for the 'printing' of the final figures from the web app.  This is the last step and super unexpected. Anything I am missing or have an idea before I log a bug or tech support call? 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
gis_KIWI4
Occasional Contributor II

@mattmerc  - I have tried tried replicating the problem on my end but I have had no luck. The print and map symbols are aligned for me. 
I have never seen anything like this before. No settings on the print utility allow for this. 

Are you able to comment on the following - 

1) Is this AGOL or Enterprise? 
2) What printing service are you using? - out of the box or custom?

gis_KIWI4_0-1700452576237.png

3) Not sure why this would matter but what co-ordinate system is your data published in? 

0 Kudos
mattmerc
New Contributor II

Wow! Thanks for looking into this @gis_KIWI4 .

1. AGO

2. Standard OOTB ExB print widget. NOTE: I am using a custom symbol

3. I believe all services in Web Merc Aux but I will check that!

0 Kudos
mattmerc
New Contributor II

I will add this also happens when accessing the AGO web map in arcgis pro and it only happens when you rotate the map off of north up whether it is manual or automatic (part of a map series).  It looks like the print map is adding the map rotation angle to the symbol rotation angle, i.e. 90 deg photo on web map with a 90 deg map rotation becomes 180 deg photo on printed map. Odd!

0 Kudos