Select to view content in your preferred language

Experience Builder Map and Bookmark Widget Actions

4 weeks ago
Zach-Williams
New Contributor

Hello all, 

I am currently designing an experience with a map widget and a bookmark widget (Section > View > Bookmark). I know that with this capability, as I select the next bookmark it will pan and zoom to the next location on the map that I have specified when setting up the bookmark.

My question is, is there a way to select a feature in the map widget and have it select the corresponding bookmark in the bookmark widget? In the scenario I am explaining, I have a point feature class for park locations, and other feature classes that show amenities in the parks. The bookmark does not show attribute data, only text that describes the park and its amenities.

Am I able to create an action that when this park locations point feature class is selected, it can pull up the bookmark with the same name? Or is this a developers version question?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
WeiYing1
Esri Regular Contributor

@Zach-Williams thanks for your question. 

@Zach-Williams wrote:

Hello all, 

I am currently designing an experience with a map widget and a bookmark widget (Section > View > Bookmark). I know that with this capability, as I select the next bookmark it will pan and zoom to the next location on the map that I have specified when setting up the bookmark.

My question is, is there a way to select a feature in the map widget and have it select the corresponding bookmark in the bookmark widget? In the scenario I am explaining, I have a point feature class for park locations, and other feature classes that show amenities in the parks. The bookmark does not show attribute data, only text that describes the park and its amenities.

Am I able to create an action that when this park locations point feature class is selected, it can pull up the bookmark with the same name? Or is this a developers version question?

For the scenario you describe, why not design a dynamic info view with Text widget that use dynamic data to show the selected park and its amenities? Or even use Feature Info widget to show a customized popup for the selected park info? 

The Bookmark widget is designed to cache a specific map location and layer visibility. It is not an idea widget to show feature information. 

Thanks,
Wei

0 Kudos