Experience Builder - Filter Widget - Date "is between" allows invalid time range

03-10-2021 06:24 PM
AndyHodren1
New Contributor II

Experience Builder Version: 1.2 (running on ArcGIS Enterprise)

Hello,

I am using the Experience Builder Filter Widget with a date "is between" expression:

AndyHodren1_0-1615427151612.png

The problem is that a user is able to enter an invalid date range (start date is later than before date):

AndyHodren1_1-1615427293091.png

When this is applied, all data is filtered out.  Is it possible to restrict users input to only allow valid date ranges?

5 Replies
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @AndyHodren1 - thanks for bringing it up. We will take a look.

Best,

Tonghui

DGer
by
New Contributor

I'm having a similar issue where my date filter filters out all of the data, even if there are dates within that range. Maybe there's a bug with filtering dates?

0 Kudos
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

@DGer Is it possible to share your app and how you configure it for us to take a look?

0 Kudos
DGer
by
New Contributor

Hi @TonghuiMing, thank you for the reply! I actually figured it out. Even though the column in the hosted feature layer with the dates registered as a Date field, there must have been some formatting issue in the date column in the underlying Excel spreadsheet. I deleted my date field in the Excel spreadsheet, created a new field, and then overwrote the hosted feature layer. After that it worked! Still not sure exactly what the problem was in Excel, but I must have fixed it by deleting the old column and creating a new one.

BrittanyBurson
Occasional Contributor III

Thank you for posting this, I will be on the lookout as much of our data originates from Excel.

0 Kudos