Experience Builder Filter Issue

Jump to solution
10-26-2020 08:09 AM
ZacharyVavra
New Contributor III

I have an app made in Experience Builder with some basic filters. The basic concept of how the filters in this app work is the user selects a subset of the data and the map and list of records update automatically. Since a recent update of Experience Builder some of my filters are no longer working correctly. 

For example, one of the filters not working correctly is connected to a hosted feature layer view containing 2,464 records (points). The filter's settings are set to "Default". In the default settings window I have no filter set, the data is sorted ascending by the name of the facility, and the records settings have a page size set to 5,000 and a max record county of 5,000.

The SQL expression set on this filter is to display all of the unique values of a field containing the counties and tribal nations in Minnesota, and a second filter to display all of the unique values of a field containing the type of emergency facility.

The issue is that the first filter only displays the first five counties. The user is unable to select from the other 100ish counties/tribal nations in that field. All four of the unique values in the emergency facilities filter are displaying correctly.

At first I thought it may be an issue with the extent of the dropdown menu not accommodating a scrollbar, but I'm having the same issue on another dataset that is displaying about 80 of the 100ish county/tribal nations. 

I've explored changing the filter settings from "Default" to "Upgraded from previous config" but to no avail. Which can someone please explain what the differences are between these two settings?

Also, all of the points in each of the datasets I'm filtering against are displaying on the map and in the list.

I appreciate any advice you can provide!

Best,

Zach

0 Kudos
18 Replies
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

@PaulinaMarczak1 This is related to logic about page size and has been fixed for AGOL 8.3 release (around 6 months ago). Can you provide more information on which environment and version that you got the same issue?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

@TonghuiMing I'm having this very issue in ArcGIS Online as well in both filter and query widget. Is this still a bug?

0 Kudos
K_Smyth4
New Contributor II

Thanks for this and I see the issue had been fixed but I am now seeing the same issue with one of the filters in the application? Not sure if this is still a bug or if this is another issue?

0 Kudos
KrisKarki
New Contributor II

Hi I am having this issue. One month ago when I created filter widget using same data, it works, but now it doesn't. I'm not sure what is going on now. 

KrisKarki_0-1684108489969.png

0 Kudos
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

@K_Smyth4 @KrisKarki The 'No data' scenario varies from case to case - depending on the network or data-specific configurations, and so far we have come across several different causes. It might be more effective to provide data/app or contact support directly.

0 Kudos
KrisKarki
New Contributor II

When I use layer from ArcGIS Online FTP layer, it works. When I use same data published in AcrGIS server doesn't show data [it shows no data]. We use ArcGSI server 8.1 may be this is the reason. 

0 Kudos
Paco
by
Occasional Contributor

Hello All,  I am having the same issue that was said to be 'fixed'?

4 of my Filters are showing all unique values,  but one of my Filters only shows the first 4 values in a unique dropdown?   the Field is very similar(Text) to the others working Fields.  if i use the Search box in the dropdown,  the other values show up when "Search more" is clicked.   So I know the other values are there and accessible,  but they do not show and will not show in the initial unique dropdown.

again,  this only happens to 1 of my Filters.   any more help?  thx!

p

0 Kudos
Paco
by
Occasional Contributor

Excellent @TonghuiMing .   thanks again for your help,  upping the Records 'Page size' number now shows all unique values. cheers!