Experience Builder Filter Issue

Jump to solution
10-26-2020 08:09 AM
ZacharyVavra
New Contributor III

I have an app made in Experience Builder with some basic filters. The basic concept of how the filters in this app work is the user selects a subset of the data and the map and list of records update automatically. Since a recent update of Experience Builder some of my filters are no longer working correctly. 

For example, one of the filters not working correctly is connected to a hosted feature layer view containing 2,464 records (points). The filter's settings are set to "Default". In the default settings window I have no filter set, the data is sorted ascending by the name of the facility, and the records settings have a page size set to 5,000 and a max record county of 5,000.

The SQL expression set on this filter is to display all of the unique values of a field containing the counties and tribal nations in Minnesota, and a second filter to display all of the unique values of a field containing the type of emergency facility.

The issue is that the first filter only displays the first five counties. The user is unable to select from the other 100ish counties/tribal nations in that field. All four of the unique values in the emergency facilities filter are displaying correctly.

At first I thought it may be an issue with the extent of the dropdown menu not accommodating a scrollbar, but I'm having the same issue on another dataset that is displaying about 80 of the 100ish county/tribal nations. 

I've explored changing the filter settings from "Default" to "Upgraded from previous config" but to no avail. Which can someone please explain what the differences are between these two settings?

Also, all of the points in each of the datasets I'm filtering against are displaying on the map and in the list.

I appreciate any advice you can provide!

Best,

Zach

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

@ZacharyVavra This issue has been fixed.

Cheers,

Tonghui

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
18 Replies
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Zach,

It does seem strange and the dropdown shouldn't act like this. However, I tried some datasets of my own can not reproduce it - the scrollbar shows properly with more than 5 records.

Another thing I am wondering - does the dropdown of the same field in the SQL Expression Builder interface only show 5 records just like in the app, or it shows all the records? If only 5, then it might because some other widgets are affecting the data source; if not, is there a way that you might share with me the app so that I can reproduce the behavior? Thanks.

Best,

Tonghui

0 Kudos
ZacharyVavra
New Contributor III

Hi Tonghui,

Yes, the SQL Expression Builder interface is also only showing five records. I'm happy to share the app with you. Can you please email me (ztvavra@d.umn.edu) your ArcGIS Online user information so I can add you to the app's Group?

Thank you!
Zach

HHHHhhh
New Contributor

0 Kudos
K_Smyth4
New Contributor II

Hi Tonghui, I am having the same issue with one of the filters I am using for an app? Not sure where the issue is coming from as I see it was fixed last year but it only happens for one filter of the 4 that I have set? Thanks, Katherine

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

This issue has been fixed.

Tonghui

0 Kudos
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

@ZacharyVavra This issue has been fixed.

Cheers,

Tonghui

0 Kudos
ZacharyVavra
New Contributor III

Thank you, Tonghui!

0 Kudos
PaulinaMarczak1
New Contributor II

What was the resolution for this? I have the same question.

PaulinaMarczak1
New Contributor II

What was the resolution for this? Ive got the same question.

0 Kudos