Experience Builder Feature Info for Multiple Layers

07-08-2020 12:47 PM
ChristopherEby2
New Contributor III

I have a web map with 13 layers. I'd like my experience builder app to have a side bar with a Feature Info widget that changes to show the details of the selected feature no matter which feature is selected. Is there a way to do this?

Right now I can only see how to associate a Feature Info widget with a single layer. I don't see a way to show or hide widgets based on selections so I can't create a Feature Widget for each layer and show them when their respective layer is selected.

20 Replies
shaylavi
Esri Contributor

Sounds like a good idea for a custom query widget, that displays the results as a list - It can be done on the developer edition.

Shay
0 Kudos
ChristopherEby2
New Contributor III

I was afraid that was going to be the response. I'd love to do it but my budget is a bit to low to do that plus all the other custom widgets I'd need to make to get the functionality I want from Experience Builder.

0 Kudos
shaylavi
Esri Contributor

Yeah, It's still considered to be a very young product. Hopefully, with time the community around it will grow and we'll have widgets custom shared from others, like we do for Web AppBuilder

Shay
0 Kudos
WeiYing1
Esri Contributor

Christopher, thanks a lot for your feedback. You case make sense. But we are sorry that FeatureInfo doesn't support multiple layers currently, also you cannot auto switch (hide/show) section views based on feature selection. We will try to enhance this based on more research next release. 
Currently you may have to use a Section with multiple FeatureInfo for different layers in each view, and switch them manually, unfortunately.  

JennaWalz3
New Contributor III

Has anyone found a work around to this yet?

blairtinker
New Contributor II

I have done a very manual work around for this that sort of works but is annoying to set up and is kind of limited.  I created a series of data connected text boxes for the fields that I wanted to show and put them in a side panel stacked on top of each other.  For instance to show the name of the feature I put "{name}" 3 times stacked right on top of each other.  For each layer I created an empty row in the attribute table and set that as the "View for empty selection" so that only 1 of the stacked values shows at a time.   Very hacky way to do it and very manual but it does kind of work if you have the same fields in each layer or just ignore having field names.  

PatriciaLeidner
New Contributor II

We also have a need for this and would definitely add our vote to see this enhancement sooner rather than later. Thanks!

RichardSyme1
New Contributor II

It seems a bit of an oversight that the Feature Info widget can only have one data source. Upvote.

MarcGraham2
Occasional Contributor III

ALL Widgets in Experience Builder that are able to access layers should be able to access multiple layers. Even better would be the ability to access multiple layers across multiple maps, with the available layers being filtered by whatever map is being interacted with.