Experience Builder Edit Widget Not Functioning Correctly

04-27-2022 03:34 PM
KaraUtter
Occasional Contributor III

After adding my editable layers, they aren't showing up properly in the Edit widget. None of them are present but there is a strange one showing up, please see image below.

KaraUtter_0-1651098799022.png

0 Kudos
21 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

@TianWen in my case, and likely @KaraUtter 's case too, one of the random "highlight" layers that it is pulling into the Editor widget is PLSS data from a feature service, so I am not sure how we would confirm that this is a data-specific problem?

KaraUtter

No, this is not a Data-specific problem. I have been building in EB since it was introduced and if you view my original post - these odd additional layers appearing in the edit widget were not present. This is the same map, with the same settings that were present in my original post, so the only thing that has changed is the current EB update. Also, why would all these layers say, "highlight" next to them and be all the same teal color? Those two things are not configured in my map.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

To clarify, I was agreeing that it was likely not a data-specific problem as previously suggested. I am having the same exact issue and looking for a solution as well. Hopefully this post will get some more attention as I assume there are others having the same issue that you and I are.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having the exact same issue with the Editor widget. My editor widget is pulling random layers (including PLSS just like yours!) instead of the one layer that I chose from my WebMap. 

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Did this highlight issue ever get resolved for you? I'm having it now and I can't figure out how to stop those non-editable layers from showing up.

0 Kudos
TianWen
Esri Contributor

The fix will be delivered in the upcoming release. Thanks!

0 Kudos
KaraUtter

Hi again, aside from the new issue above, there is another issue with the newest updates to Experience builder - I have searches configured in the search widget and the only action I have them associated with is to ZOOM to a feature in the map - but the search is automatically filtering the map view by the feature that was searched and chosen. In other words, it's hiding all other features around the selected one from the search and this is not what I configured - it is not what we want.  This will confuse my users, they won't understand why this is suddenly happening.

I really am trying to migrate my users to EB but things like this make it hard for me to get people on board with the change.

0 Kudos
ShengdiZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi, this is a designed behavior since the Experience builder is data-centric. If you don't want to filter the map viewer during search, you can create a data view and use it in the search source.

ShengdiZhang_0-1656312395137.png

Shengdi

0 Kudos
KaraUtter

Hi, there is a way for us to configure the filtering of a map through the actions of the search widget, this way we can choose to have the map filter or not filter. That is the way it should be. If EB is supposed to eventually take the place of WAB, then it needs to be more versatile in the types of settings we can configure and the styles of use that we can design. Not all users are going to care about filtering data cards by something they have searched. And if they are going to care, then as their GIS Professional, I can configure that for them in the actions settings for the widget. This should not be forced.

0 Kudos
TianWen
Esri Contributor

The edit problem has been fixed. Thanks for reporting it!