Select to view content in your preferred language

Experience builder Developer Edition 1.12 Install Issue

09-06-2023 09:01 AM
MollyEskelson_H-GAC
New Contributor

I'm a power user trying to branch out into the developer side of Experience builder but having trouble installing it. I'm installing it to my remote computer (Windows) with IT's support.

I'm using the Node.js 18.17.1 and experience builder 1.12.

I'm stuck on Step #8 of installing the Developer Edition.

I'm not sure how to read the log errors or the cmd warnings.  I think I'm having issues with my company's security and react dependencies.

Running npm ci on the client gave me lots of unresolved dependencies on react 0.14.x to 16.8.0.

DeveloperError1.png

Running npm ci on the server cmd gave me an EPROTO error. 

DeveloperError_server.png

Log errors:

MollyEskelson_HGAC_0-1694015960428.png

verbose reify failed optional dependency C:\path\arcgis-experience-builder-1.12\ArcGISExperienceBuilder\server\node_modules\fsevents

802 error request to https://registry.npmjs.org/yocto-queue/-/yocto-queue-0.1.0.tgz failed, reason: write EPROTO 14530000:error:0A000152:SSL routines:final_renegotiate:unsafe legacy renegotiation disabled:c:\ws\deps\openssl\openssl\ssl\statem\extensions.c:922:

Thank you for any direction you can give me.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

It's not a secure method, but turning off ssl security should fix this. Use this line before npm ci.

npm config set strict-ssl false

npm will no longer verify ssl certificates before installing packages, so if a malicious actor manages to spoof npm you could wind up downloading any sort of nastiness. But the odds of that happening are extremely low. 

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas
0 Kudos