Select to view content in your preferred language

Experience builder Developer Edition 1.12 Install Issue

09-06-2023 09:01 AM
MollyEskelson_H-GAC
New Contributor II

I'm a power user trying to branch out into the developer side of Experience builder but having trouble installing it. I'm installing it to my remote computer (Windows) with IT's support.

I'm using the Node.js 18.17.1 and experience builder 1.12.

I'm stuck on Step #8 of installing the Developer Edition.

I'm not sure how to read the log errors or the cmd warnings.  I think I'm having issues with my company's security and react dependencies.

Running npm ci on the client gave me lots of unresolved dependencies on react 0.14.x to 16.8.0.

DeveloperError1.png

Running npm ci on the server cmd gave me an EPROTO error. 

DeveloperError_server.png

Log errors:

MollyEskelson_HGAC_0-1694015960428.png

verbose reify failed optional dependency C:\path\arcgis-experience-builder-1.12\ArcGISExperienceBuilder\server\node_modules\fsevents

802 error request to https://registry.npmjs.org/yocto-queue/-/yocto-queue-0.1.0.tgz failed, reason: write EPROTO 14530000:error:0A000152:SSL routines:final_renegotiate:unsafe legacy renegotiation disabled:c:\ws\deps\openssl\openssl\ssl\statem\extensions.c:922:

Thank you for any direction you can give me.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

It's not a secure method, but turning off ssl security should fix this. Use this line before npm ci.

npm config set strict-ssl false

npm will no longer verify ssl certificates before installing packages, so if a malicious actor manages to spoof npm you could wind up downloading any sort of nastiness. But the odds of that happening are extremely low. 

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas
0 Kudos
JwHayes
New Contributor III

Hi,

I just installed the EB Dev Edition 1.15 client using 'npm ci' and got a lot of warnings, like Molly's example above. I assume the workaround example  @JeffreyThompson2  gave was for the server install. If so, does anyone have advice about the client install warnings? My warnings are listed below. Thanks in advance! 

I also have the WAB 2.25 Dev Edition installed on this machine.

UPDATE: I ran the 'npm audit' and received this message about bootstrap. 

C:\TEMP1\EB\1p15\arcgis-experience-builder-1.15\ArcGISExperienceBuilder\client>npm audit
# npm audit report

bootstrap  4.0.0 - 4.6.2
Severity: moderate
Bootstrap Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability - https://github.com/advisories/GHSA-vc8w-jr9v-vj7f
fix available via `npm audit fix --force`
Will install bootstrap@5.3.3, which is a breaking change
node_modules/bootstrap

1 moderate severity vulnerability

To address all issues (including breaking changes), run:
  npm audit fix --force

C:\TEMP1\EB\1p15\arcgis-experience-builder-1.15\ArcGISExperienceBuilder\client>

https://developers.arcgis.com/experience-builder/guide/install-guide/

CLINET
Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19045.4651]
(c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\me>cd /server
The system cannot find the path specified.

C:\Users\me>cd C:\TEMP1\EB\1p15\arcgis-experience-builder-1.15\ArcGISExperienceBuilder\client

C:\TEMP1\EB\1p15\arcgis-experience-builder-1.15\ArcGISExperienceBuilder\client>npm ci
npm WARN ERESOLVE overriding peer dependency
npm WARN While resolving: react-popper@1.3.11
npm WARN Found: react@18.2.0
npm WARN node_modules/react
npm WARN   react@"^18.2.0" from the root project
npm WARN   39 more (@arcgis/map-components-react, @emotion/react, ...)
npm WARN
npm WARN Could not resolve dependency:
npm WARN peer react@"0.14.x || ^15.0.0 || ^16.0.0 || ^17.0.0" from react-popper@1.3.11
npm WARN node_modules/reactstrap/node_modules/react-popper
npm WARN   react-popper@"^1.3.6" from reactstrap@8.10.1
npm WARN   node_modules/reactstrap
npm WARN
npm WARN Conflicting peer dependency: react@17.0.2
npm WARN node_modules/react
npm WARN   peer react@"0.14.x || ^15.0.0 || ^16.0.0 || ^17.0.0" from react-popper@1.3.11
npm WARN   node_modules/reactstrap/node_modules/react-popper
npm WARN     react-popper@"^1.3.6" from reactstrap@8.10.1
npm WARN     node_modules/reactstrap
npm WARN deprecated abab@2.0.6: Use your platform's native atob() and btoa() methods instead
npm WARN deprecated domexception@4.0.0: Use your platform's native DOMException instead
npm WARN deprecated sourcemap-codec@1.4.8: Please use @jridgewell/sourcemap-codec instead
npm WARN deprecated popper.js@1.16.1: You can find the new Popper v2 at @popperjs/core, this package is dedicated to the legacy v1
npm WARN deprecated core-js@2.6.12: core-js@<3.23.3 is no longer maintained and not recommended for usage due to the number of issues. Because of the V8 engine whims, feature detection in old core-js versions could cause a slowdown up to 100x even if nothing is polyfilled. Some versions have web compatibility issues. Please, upgrade your dependencies to the actual version of core-js.

> exb-client@1.15.0 postinstall
> node ./npm-bootstrap-extensions

added 1511 packages, and audited 1512 packages in 1m

204 packages are looking for funding
  run `npm fund` for details

1 moderate severity vulnerability

To address all issues (including breaking changes), run:
  npm audit fix --force

Run `npm audit` for details.

C:\TEMP1\EB\1p15\arcgis-experience-builder-1.15\ArcGISExperienceBuilder\client>

0 Kudos