Experience Builder Chart Widget - unable to use field aliases

06-08-2021 06:51 AM
ZacharyVavra
New Contributor III

I'm using the Chart widget in Experience Builder. The data source for the Chart widget is a hosted feature layer view. The category type is set to "By field" and the statistics is set to "SUM".

The issue I'm having is not being able to display the alias names of my "Number Fields". By default the Chart widget displays the field name and there is no option to have it display the field alias. Is there a workaround for this other than republishing the hosted feature layer with new field names?

Thanks,

Zach

2 Replies
JonathanMcDougall
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

I'm going to assume you're referring to the on-hover label that will show the value, rather than the category and value axis labels?
If so, no, it pulls the field name rather than any alias. I'm not aware of any work-around at this time. Would be nice to have a little more flexibility with that element. 
Charts were only brought in last update, so perhaps this is a development that can be included as the widget matures.

CherieBryant
New Contributor III

I was having this issue too initially. My data is coming from an ArcGIS Online Map and I found if you set the display name in the Map, it then shows up in the chart correctly.

0 Kudos