Select to view content in your preferred language

Experience Builder Chart Filter Action not working

04-26-2023 07:44 PM
Labels (3)
LindsayRaabe_FPCWA
Regular Contributor II

I am building a dashboard style display in Experience Builder that shows features in a map, and provides basic charting and filter functions. The layer of interest in the map is also referenced in a pie chart on the side of the dashboard. When you click one of the feature categories in the chart, a Filter Action is supposed to reduce the features displayed in the map to only show those matching the selected category. However, whenever I select it, it seems to pick a different, random category. I've recreated the chart and the action multiple times but can't get it to behave as it should. It doesn't seem like a complex setup, so what is going wrong?

LindsayRaabe_FPCWA_2-1682563363996.png

LindsayRaabe_FPCWA_3-1682563387138.png

LindsayRaabe_FPCWA_4-1682563400662.png

Lindsay Raabe
GIS Officer
Forest Products Commission WA
0 Kudos
8 Replies
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @LindsayRaabe_FPCWA - I can reproduce your problem on AGOL and we are not sure what has caused this. We will take a further look at it. Thanks for bringing this up.

TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

This issue should have been resolved with the recent AGOL June release.

0 Kudos
JennetteDuncan
New Contributor II

Hi @TonghuiMing - I am experiencing the same issue still. It seems to temporarily resolve in the live view or draft mode when I change the DATA > SORT BY from/to "value" or "category " (either way). But as soon in preview or once published, the issue persists.

Edit Zoning Screenshot.pngLive Zoning Screenshot.png

TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @JennetteDuncan 

The cause of this issue should not be affected by value vs. category. I gave it a test and it seems like it works fine in my app:

TonghuiMing_0-1694572354150.png

Is it possible to share the app with us? Otherwise you could reach out to tech support and they will help create a reproducible environment. Thanks.

0 Kudos
JennetteDuncan
New Contributor II

@TonghuiMing Yes! Link here. Could it be the data type? Both the original post and my issue are using polygons. Looks like your example is with a point feature class. Just a thought.

0 Kudos
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

@JennetteDuncan Thanks for sharing the app. I can reproduce it, and we will take a look.

0 Kudos
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

FYI - per preliminary investigation, this is a different issue.

This case has something to do with grouping either categories or values to use in the chart component - which causes the index mismatch between the selected chart section vs. the actual selected features. If there is no grouping configured (as in my previous case), this issue wouldn't occur.

We will follow up on this.

0 Kudos
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

@JennetteDuncan - the mismatch you encountered before related to grouping should be resolved in the latest 2023 AGOL Oct release. Let us know if you encounter any other issues. Thanks!

0 Kudos