Experience Builder - Cannot read property ‘background’ of undefined

Jump to solution
07-09-2020 09:28 PM
StephenUsmar2
New Contributor II
  • I am trying to launch Experience Builder from my AGOL account and keep getting the error message "Cannot read property ‘background’ of undefined”. This is not consistent and occasionally/rarely can get through. This is also happening for 5 others in my team from our organizational account. All other web apps work fine.
  • It doesn't happen with another organizational account we manage for a customer so isn't PC, network related (we all work from separate locations). 
  • Only changes recently have been to our short url for AGOL, accepted the HTTPS requirement and accepted the template Homepage for AGOL.
  • All users are User Type = Advanced and all have the Addons for the web apps. 

This is stopping a significant development for us using the new & updated tools from Esri so would like it resolved. Any input and ideas really appreciated.

Tags (2)
12 Replies
Randall_LewisHealth___Policy_F
New Contributor II

Deidre Wolf‌ Thank you! This tip worked wonderfully. I appreciate the help!

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

This issue is caused by the header, button, or body properties in the sharedTheme object returned from the Portal to be null. Usually, it would return an object as:

{ header: {}, body, {}, button: {}, ... }, which the properties are not empty.

I will look into this, and in the meantime, please add a logo, or colors to the header, button, or body to force the sharedTheme to not be null. 

Randall_LewisHealth___Policy_F
New Contributor II

Yiwei Ma‌ Thank you! I appreciate the help and work you do!

0 Kudos