Select to view content in your preferred language

Experience Builder Breaks Dashboard Elements

07-06-2021 06:14 AM
Lee_Irminger
New Contributor

Hi all,

I'm needing to configure an Experience Builder app with three different dashboards for Desktop, Tablet, and Mobile. 

The Desktop Dashboard adds just fine. When I add the tablet and mobile dashboards, they break both in the experience builder and in the dashboard itself. The list and details elements just show a spinning symbol and their settings can't be edited. There's no real substantial difference between the dashboards.

I have to remove the map and re add/configure the elements for it to work again.

The dashboards are configured with a map, a list (with embedded pictures), one with indicators and the other with a details element. 

I've created the dashboards new, created a new experience builder, created a new map, still run into the same problem with the tablet and mobile in experience builder.

Not sure if related but I see this in Developer Tools:

"VM12902 MapView.js:371 getGamepad will now require a Permission Policy. Please update your application accordingly. For more information see https://github.com/w3c/gamepad/pull/112"

I can open a ticket for this, but wanted to post here first. 

Thank you,

3 Replies
JonathanMcDougall
Frequent Contributor

@Lee_Irminger 

If you're wanting to create an ExpB with dashboards, carefully think of what you want to show - think about breaking up the dashboard into component parts, think of the way you may want to change the exposed widgets for the three different types of device.

eg:
Big Dashboard
West Highland Way IoT Project - Drymen & Gartness Community Data Dashboard (arcgis.com)

Same dashboard but different user experience

West Highland Way IoT Project - Footfall Sensor Data (arcgis.com)

0 Kudos
Lee_Irminger
New Contributor

Those are nice dashboards that you've linked to, looks like a fun project.

So I do have three different dashboards with slightly different components in each one for each device type. The problem is that the dashboard "breaks" when added to experience builder. After being embedded some of the elements show a spinning icon and the map seems to be locked and no other elements can be added that reference that map. It all has to be deleted and readded after.

0 Kudos
JonathanMcDougall
Frequent Contributor

@Lee_Irminger 

Sorry for any silly questions in advance.

So, your dashboards for each device type, are they just a "save as" of an original dash? It sounds as if, when creating the new dash you've removed/changed dependencies so the components are looking for info that's just not there.
For example; an indicator takes data from a table or layer or relies on another component in the dash, creating your "device dash" has removed one of those supplying components therefore can't return a figure. This is why, when looking at the new dash out of ExpB it's broken too.

I'd go back into the dashboards you've created and check the components don't rely on elements you've removed.

0 Kudos