Select to view content in your preferred language

ExB Search Widget URL Parameters

3 weeks ago
Labels (1)
bdoventures
New Contributor III

Does anyone know how to determine the search widget ID as referenced in Use URL parameters—ArcGIS Experience Builder | Documentation?  The page seems to indicate that it can be viewed after being enabled in Manage URL Status, but even though I have a search widget added to my app, Manage URL Status doesn't recognize the widget to allow me to view the relevant parameter data in the URL.

I'm trying to see if there's a workaround to place a marker through the URL by enabling markers in the search widget and then executing a search through the URL, since it may be several months before ESRI adds a marker parameter.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
bdoventures
New Contributor III

Looks like the problem I was having is that the Manage URL Status doesn't recognize widgets in the header.  For some reason, they have to be in the body.  I was able to configure a search through the URL, but there's no parameter that allows for replication of the marker that the widget uses.

0 Kudos
Shen_Zhang
Esri Contributor

Hi @bdoventures 

Manage URL status only recognizes widgets in the body. We are working on those in header and footer, it will come. 

As for finding widgetId, there's no way to find it in the builder. You can find it by going to the developer tool console. Just run _appState.appConfig.widgets, you will see the list of widgets printed:

Screenshot 2024-07-01 at 10.46.04.png

I have two search widgets here, with different labels and ids. It's easy to tell which one is in the header, just check your TOC:

Screenshot 2024-07-01 at 10.47.22.png

Shen Zhang
0 Kudos
v1ebba
by
New Contributor

I'm just now getting into experience builder and I've not done charts yet. But I was thinking that if you cannot get the search to work, a filter might work. You should be able to set the filter up work on user input.

0 Kudos