Embed Widget reloading on page or view change

Jump to solution
03-08-2023 12:52 PM
Labels (1)
TaraHaynes
Occasional Contributor

I am embedding a dashboard in experiencebuilder via a URL. In this case, I am not using URL parameters. My issue is that the embed widget is reloading the dashboard every time I navigate away from the page or view and then return. The behavior I expect is for the embed widget to load once and not need to reload if I navigate away.

Steps:

1. Add embed widget to a view

2. Embed dashboard URL in widget

3. Ensure Autorefresh is 'off'

4. Navigate to different view, and then return to original view

5. Embedded dashboard reloads

I have experienced this on Chrome and Edge.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

@TaraHaynes This is the current behavior of the Embed widget when coming out of and then back to view.

That said, we are trying to evaluate the experience. If you feel that could be enhanced, posting it to the Ideas channel could help us see the feedback from the community. Thanks for bringing this up.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
LaurenCardona
New Contributor II

Hi Tara, have you tried turning off "Auto Refresh" in the embed properties?

0 Kudos
TaraHaynes
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for your reply! I have tried turning auto refresh on and off, but the behavior persists.

0 Kudos
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

@TaraHaynes This is the current behavior of the Embed widget when coming out of and then back to view.

That said, we are trying to evaluate the experience. If you feel that could be enhanced, posting it to the Ideas channel could help us see the feedback from the community. Thanks for bringing this up.

0 Kudos
TaraHaynes
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for this response. For anyone who may find this topic in the future and wish to upvote, I have posted to the Ideas channel here: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-experience-builder-ideas/add-option-to-turn-off-embed-widget-re...