Embed widget in view errors out when viewing experience in mobile devices

07-29-2021 03:55 PM
MoniqueL_
New Contributor II

Hi,

I think the latest update to AGOL broke a functionality in Experience Builder.

I have an app that I'm about to bring to production and just discovered this new development. The Experience has some views and some of the views use the Embed widget in them. When I look at the app in a computer everything loads fine but when I look at the app in mobile devices (so far tested in iPhone 7 and Google Pixel 4A) the embedded content fails to load and I get a "Cannot read property '<name of layout element>' of undefined" or "undefined is not an object (evaluating 'e.layouts[t]')" error.

I cannot share my app publicly but I've made a new one to test the concept: https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/271e487306864d7a9a4851630a892927
When the app first loads in mobile it loads the first embedded item but when you switch to view 2 and then back to view 1 the embed fails to load.

Is there a potential workaround on this or do we have to wait until the next AGOL update in a few months?

Thanks.

4 Replies
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @MoniqueL_ 

Thanks for bringing this up and sharing the app with us. It does look like a valid issue and we will take a look at it.

0 Kudos
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

@MoniqueL_ - we will fix this issue in the upcoming release. However, there is not much of a workaround at this stage for AGOL users until the next release.

0 Kudos
MoniqueL_
New Contributor II

Thanks for the followup, @TonghuiMing 

Luckily I didn't use too many Views in my app so I was able to recreate the Views in Pages and manually created a text-based menu to link the new replacement Pages and mimic the the Views menu.

TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

This issue has been fixed in today's AGOL 9.3 release.

0 Kudos